Adventures in Brow Powder

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
royalgoddessbeth

Adventures in Brow Powder

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:44 am

So my recent order included two samples of the brow powder....I'm a medium Ash Blonde, and so I purchased one sample of Golden Blonde and one sample of Light Brunette. I dumped the little baggies in a clean five gram jar and shook them together. Well, it was too dark. Perhaps I should have stuck with just the blonde, but I wanted to be sure of a match. So, I added three scoops of heavy coverage ivory. Shook it together- and that was much better...about the level I wanted. But I like having all-in-one products. Tinted brow gel has always been a favorite of mine, because it does both and quickly.

So I thought of what I did before there were rampant brow gels on the market. As a teenager, I purchased an eyebrow pencil, a brow brush, and a bottle of spray gel in a pump bottle. I colored my brows, squirted just a tiny bit of the gel on the brow brush and groomed.

Well....my thoughts gravitated to hair pomade. That would be more suitable to actually mix with the brow powder, right? So I wound up at Sally's. You can buy "mini sizes" of some of their hair products, so I wound up purchasing this neat hair wax. It's not stiff, but would be just what you would want for brow grooming, I think. I wanted a small size, because I didn't want to use it for anything except this purpose- brow pomade. I wouldn't suggest using your own pomade that you've stuck your grubby mitts in to piece your own hair, LOL.

Here's a link to the products: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Hair-Wax/SBS ... lt,pd.html

So I took a clean mini-spatula and carefully put some wax in the jar of brow powder. Added and mixed until it was at the desired consistency. Now all I need to do is take the angled brow grooming brush, dip it in there- all I need is a tiny bit...and I'm good to go for several weeks, I think. Success!

Now, I know you can use the line sealer to groom your brows, but I wanted to have a one-step process with it already mixed up! The line sealer is too thick for that, I think. What do you think? Thanks to Karen, and a little ingenuity, I have retired yet another commercial cosmetic product. That leaves merely three that I still use.....mascara (because I prefer silicone wands), Revlon Colorstay eyeliner- there's no substitute for their staying power or convenience, and UDPP (despite my best efforts, nothing replaces that in terms of actually working).
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!