Prayers Please

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
tizzylou

Prayers Please

Post by tizzylou » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:58 pm

I live in a very small town in rural Colorado, approx 30 miles from an even smaller town called Ordway.Ordway made national news this morning due to a wildfire that claimed two firefighters lives and burned to the ground at least 1 business, and 20 homes, and approx 9500 acres of land. This is very poor area, and several of the people were farmers and ranchers who saw their livlihood go up in flames, according to reports livestock died. Please pray for these people and the people in the surrounding communities as they mourn the loss of coworkers, friends, and economic stability.

Hollis
rubycat95

Re: Prayers Please

Post by rubycat95 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:23 pm

Hollis,

So sorry to hear about the wildfires and so much loss in your area. I hope that you will be safe. I will keep everyone there in my thoughts and prayers.
Ruby/Susan
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:15 pm

Thanks , Susan.

The fire ended up burning a total of 14 miles, hit and miss, But other than the 2 firefighters, no other human injuries or casualties, Only the 20 homes and the 1 business and amazingly only a dozen of so cows, and a few sheep , 1 goat and according to the paper numerous cats and dogs. In all , it could of been much worse.
Ironically the business that burned actually did the county a favor, since part of the building has been abandoned for sometime, and had been used for a meth lab twice in the past. At least they won't have to clean it up again. Hollis
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:23 am

Hollis~ How devestating nonetheless! Prayers as people pick up the pieces & learn to cope & go on!
mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:35 pm

Hollis,

Thanks for the update and wow, it sounds awful to me. I don't scare easily, but fire terrifies me. I guess that it is "good" that the bldg burned and put the meth lab out of business, but still, so much loss.
Ruby/Susan