The Diet/Self-Improvement Thread

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ghost

Re: The Diet/Self-Improvement Thread

Post by Ghost » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi All

Okay I am sooooo hyped up right now cause I lost 5 whole pounds this week yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am lioness, hear me roar

I going to treat myself to a nice bit of thorntons chocolate now.

Karen: awwwww thanks karen. It's like you're stalking me, which is only fair I stalk you................... in a totally none creep way :? I don't drink much so I was a total light weight, but who doesn't love the munchies. In facted we have a chocolate bar over hear called "munchies" and it's one of my favs LOL. Thanks for watching karen, hopefully next week will be another loss
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:48 pm

I enjoy watching, too, Ghost, in a non-stalkerish kind of way. ;) You are inspirational.

I am at a standstill as far as weightloss, but I have not gained any back for a month, either. I have spent my energy getting an exercise program going this month and I do feel quite a bit stronger. So far I am doing "Wii- Walk It Out" 5 times a week. I have been working up to 7500 steps. I am finally getting to the place where I can both be on the eating plan and exercising. For a while, I was so hungry and tired, and just craved protein. Part of it was trying to find some kind of exercise that I would enjoy and look forward to as I typically hate exercising.

Now I am at a place where progress will be more evident. Sometimes, you just gotta trust the process......
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Hello lovely ladies

Okay weigh day and this week I've lost 1lb - which is a miracle because I've had a lot of chocolate cake (3 slices to be correct lol)

I'm giving myself a goal to (try) loose half a stone each month. I've also signed up for Rosemary conley vitality day which is 24th June, hopefully I can tell her that I've lost 12 stone by then (course I'm saying this while tucking into thorntons chocolate yummers :) )

Jen: Oh jen I love having stalkers that aren't actual stalkers LOL. I'm trying to get a balance as far as the dieting goes. I can lose it but I seem to lose it in big dropped not a gradual process which is the key for long term success. You keep up the hard work jen, cause when I'm down I come on hear and read other people success and it really picks me up :D
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Ha, Ghost! I really think there are so many successes that cannot be measured on the scale. We all have to remember that.

And, I have been doing my walking game at least 6 times a week for almost three weeks. This is unheard of for me! Consistantly? Weird! Also, I have never been able to be on an eating plan and an exercise plan at the same time. It is a struggle, but I am getting better, and I know it won't be too long before I see results on the scale. Right now I am just feeling so much stronger, and I can actually say the exercising makes me feel better. (Again, who is the woman typing this?) Change for the good does happen, but sometimes not in the exact way you expect.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
booboo

Post by booboo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:17 am

man, I've been doing some long walks. But Geez, now I am getting really sore shins & foot arches. I have comfortable, but cheap shoes, maybe it's because I'm on the heavy side? :( :oops: But I'm gonna keep at it & hope it gets better soon. Right now I am trying to avoid eating any chocolate :P :roll:
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi all

Weigh day again and I've maintained my weight this week.

I did managed to do my new balance diet thing, which I'm happy about just got to keep it up. might have a problem with that this week as I'm coming down with a cold so I didn't stay for the aerobics tonight.

Here to a lost next week ladies :D

Jen: I totally recommend exercise with any dieting regime, but remember you will build muscle to don't get discourage. Good Luck :D
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:34 am

Way to go everyone!!!! I haven't weighed myself lately, but the diet tip of getting as much veggies as possible into a meal seems to be helping. It's at least making meal time tastier, and I look forward to cooking when I have good ingredients. Thank you to the folks who suggested that!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
BeRefinnEj

Post by BeRefinnEj » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:34 pm

This is a very fun-filled community! Girls talking about make-up, skincare, and everything to make us even more fabulous :)
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi Ladies

Another week and this week I have maintained my weight. This is very good consider I had a home-made pizza on sat and I didn;t realise how many cals were in my flour. I also manage to eat a 1 litre tub of carte d'or vanilla light icecream over 3 days LOL tehehehe. it was lovely :lol: And of course those lovely chocolate kisses from karen in the MAC package - yummers

Saying that in my new office, these lovely ladies like to always have some sort of chocoies and sweet on the main table. I very proud of myself because I did have one or two but the rest of the time I said 'NO' to chocolate. Sweets and chocolate in moderation is the key. Also making a promise of no thorntons chocolate until easter and then it's "Thorntons triple layered chocolate cake" all the way baby!!!! :P Warmed up in the microwave for 30 sec then serves with some cream or ice cream (low fat of course)

So here's to a better week this week. wish me luck
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:56 pm

Hellllllloooooooooooooooooooooo ladies

Okay weight in day again and this week I have lost 2lbs yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. My first lost in 4 weeks, I seem to have stopped building muscle ffrom the pilates and I'm losing now YAY

I'm a lioness hear me roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This weekend I have the house to myself and I plan to walk from my home to my nearest matalan which is 3.049 miles, shop around for a while (planning on visiting more then one shop :lol: ), then walk back. When home make a home-made pizza from scratch with ciabatta bread base and ben & jerry's cherry garcia frozen yoghurt. can not wait :mrgreen: