The Diet/Self-Improvement Thread

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
sewwies

Re: The Diet/Self-Improvement Thread

Post by sewwies » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 pm

AAAH 6lbs in a week?!?!?! HOW ON EARTH!?!?! You've got some serious willpower!! Well done missus! Creme eggs are back on the shelves, so that's me scoffing till June ;)
~~Sarah~~
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:06 am

Hot damn. 6 lbs in a week?!
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 am

Ghost wrote:Hey all

I lost 6lbs this week, very chuffed with myself :D

I'm giving up chocolate and bread for a week to see if it will make another dent in my "12lbs xmas gain".

wish me luck
You are an inspiration! Well done!! :D
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi All,
I haven't been on the forum for ages as my makeup budget (and my everything budget :P) have been $0 and it has been too depressing. I am still working hard on my PT course and making good progress, going to the gym about 5 times a week and seeing results in fitness, strength and appearance :) I haven't been trying to lose weight, but I have also lost about 2-3kg (4-7lbs), which is nice :)
I have been so focussed on my goals lately, I think that (literally) getting moving has really energised my life in general :) I also feel so much better about myself. This morning I was at the gym at 6am, and I am soooo not a morning person!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
poptart

Post by poptart » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:29 pm

6lbs in a week? Oh my goodness! That's quite the loss! It's amazing how much giving up bread can make a difference. Just a few simple adjustments to your health plans like working out more and drinking more water can make a significant difference, too. Nice work!
booboo

Post by booboo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:52 am

no budget sucks! I hear ya lilychemgirl :( Don't you hate how everything comes down to money :( ~Sigh~
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Hi all

Thank you all for your congrats ladies. Really makes my day it does :D It's just xmas weight, comes off quickly though

As always with a big loose one week I maintained the next :D At least it's not a gain :D

I'm writing down what I eat this week because I didn't give up bread last week (I'm a naughty dieter :twisted: ). I've also brought Mari Windsor pilates dvds and I can already see a difference. Here's hoping it makes a bigger lose next week
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
booboo

Post by booboo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:33 pm

You should update your avatar ghost, because I can see from your award photos how much slimmer your face is :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:58 pm

HI all

Weigh day again yesterday and I've maintained my weight this week, which I'm very happy about because I've been a bit naughty :D

I'm not a big drinker, I like a few wines and cider but I only drink anything at xmas and that properly two glasses the entire time (I'd rather have chocolate). I went to my friend house warming get together last friday and I had half a glass (huge glass) of wine and a bit. Total light weight, I was giddy (not tipsy) after that, as long as I stop the giddy goes within 30min to an hour. Of course that's not so bad unless you have crisps and mini carmel squares as well LOL

My and a friend of mine who is doing weight watchers are going to compete this week. We're going to see who can lose the most % this week, wish me luck LOL

Booboo: Yeah I need to update my pic, maybe after karen's waving thing arrive I'll take a pic then and change it.
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Every Thursday I tune in to see what happens in the life of Ghost- it's really cool to see your progress. Good for you for maintaining. It's tough to fight the munchies when you're drinking...everyone needs to cut loose every once in a while.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten