We're Having a Party!!!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
karen
Site Admin

We're Having a Party!!!

Post by karen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:36 pm

I finally have a key to the new studio!

We're having an open house on Saturday April 19th from 1-5 pm! The address is: 27 W. Main St. Trumansburg NY- located just behind Life's So Sweet Chocolates (I know perfect location right??). Trumansburg is about 25-30 min from either Ithaca or Watkins Glen, about 45 minutes from Elmira or Corning, and about 1.5 hours or so from Syracuse, Rochester, and Binghamton. If you're up for a true adventure we're about 4.5-5 hours from Cleveland, Philly, and New York City.

There will be champagne, as well as some non-alcoholic things, and hors d'ouvers. I lined- up a fantastic caterer for the event so it will be really tasty/healthy. Of course we'll have makeup too!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
~*mikie*~

Re: We're Having a Party!!!

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:08 am

Karen, I can get lost driving around the block, ROFL! *TRUE*! *But* my hubby just agreed we can take a ride to Trumansburg next weekend! WOOOOOOHOOOOO! Hope casual duds are ok because *that's* who/what I am, LOL! Looking forward to seeing/*meeting* you & hopefully some gals from this board ~ how cool to be able to see the town & the setting & being able to picture where you're toiling to make us gorgeous. I am *psyched*!

mikie
mikie & TK.jpg
mikie & TK.jpg (21.03 KiB) Viewed 5181 times
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:33 am

I am so bummed I won't be able to make it. Instead I'll be sitting at a bridal shower for my husband's second cousin and wishing I was in Trumansburg! I am sure you will all have a great time and I'll be there in spirit. Enjoy and have fun!

Susan/Ruby :)
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Well, *dangit*, Susan, getting married's no excuse,LOL! Obligatory functions like bridal showers, phooey. Definitely understand, though...family is family. I'd be organizing a spur-of-the-moment caravan to Trumansburg, hehe....how much fun that would be, ROFL....can't you see Karen's surprise!?! I'll be armed with my digital & will attempt pics of whatever Karen lets me get, & I want to snap pics of the town, you know, so we can envision the environs. WILL check out the chocolate shop,too!!! :o
Your Intrepid Reporter mikie ;)
~*mikie*~

rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:38 pm

It's just very bad timing, I've been dying to get up there to see the goodies in person, ya know?! That is great that you'll have your camera, I hope Karen lets you snap off some pics. Trumansburg is a "cute" little town. An old gradeschool friend of mine lives there, and it's very close to Ithaca, which I love. Oh yeah, the chocolate shop, don't forget that!! Have loads of fun, Mikie!

Ruby/Susan
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:49 pm

Chocolate?!!!? I will definitely have to check that out!!! My Sister is meeting me in Trumansburg on Friday night. She has a meeting in PA on Friday. Of course my Sis is a customer of SN, too.

Mikie- I can't wait to meet you!
Ruby- I am bummed you can't make it, but completely understand. We will give a full report.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:04 pm

lol, can't you have a summer party? when i'm back on the east coast? lol. Hope you have lots of fun- take pictures with all the girls!
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:15 pm

Jen,

That is very cool that you'll be meeting your sister there too! And yes, please have some chocolate for me too................! Have loads of fun, ladies, can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Susan
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:57 pm

Hey Jen and Mikie, have fun on Saturday, have some chocolate for me, and bring backs lots of details about the party, the new studio etc. , So that those of us who are way to far away to even give a thought to going can live vicariously through you.

Hollis
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:03 am

Hollis ~ You just *know* I'll come back with a full report! I *do* hope Karen will let us snap pics! If not, I will at least get pics of the bldg & the post office, hehe. I love wandering around other towns, exploring. It's just *way cool* to check this out! Being able to "picture" the place/environs/post office/view makes it so personal. When my hubby realizes it's all about MORE LITTLE JARS :o , it'll be too late by then, ROFGiggling!
mikie
~*mikie*~