What's New? :-)

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
rubycat95

Re: What's New? :-)

Post by rubycat95 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:11 pm

Hollis,

Wow, what a stressful time you've been under at work lately. I was a social worker in my former life (before becoming f/t SAHM) and I remember when we had to apply for re-accreditation w/JCAHO (Joint Commision on the Accreditation of Healtcare Organizations) at the various agenciies I worked at over 12 yrs. It was a nightmare to make sure all charts were up to snuff, in compliance. Hope all goes well and you get sit back and have some fun playtime.

Susan :)
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:02 pm

I hear *that*, Susan! State audits, customer audits, internal audits...all are super-stressful & make life *tough* for at least a few weeks beforehand. We deal with all of the above, of course. Hollis, you definitely deserve a treat! Study up on the Wish List thread, ROFL, to see just what kinds of goodies we *may* get to see with the launch of the MOAC!<<<<< Love that name,LOL!
mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:32 pm

I agree with the others, Hollis! Please find some time to destress! You deserve a little fun.

Mikie- I wanted to tell a funny April Fool joke that totally backfired when I was a kid.

I decided to be 'cute' and put sugar in the salt shaker. I must have been about 11. The only problem was that I totally forgot about it. A few days later, my Dad was having steak for dinner and 'sugared' it. :shock: Needless to say, I was not to happy about the outcome of that joke. I am sure I was grounded for some time after that one. You NEVER come between a Meat and Potatoes man and his steak!!! :?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Mikie,

Are you in the healthcare field too? I learned alot in my various roles, but can't say that I miss it (I started out in CPS-that was the worst). I still think about the kids I worked with and I see their names in the paper too, not in a good way either. In Easter Sunday's paper-that 25 yr. old who shot that other man was a former student of mine. Very sad.

Jen,

LOL on your April Fool's Day joke! I almost did that one yr. but decided if my dad put a teaspoon of salt on his cereal that morning I was NOT going to have a good day! We did switch the living room and kitchen around one yr (minus the appliances)-that was a riot! We had to get up very early and work quietly so my parents wouldn't hear us moving furniture. I think I was a teen-ager when we concocted that one.

Susan :)
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:10 pm

Susan, The only thing bad about where I'm working now, is that we are a hospital based nursing home, so we get to prepare for JACHO also, but that is another tale for another day.

Jen, Mikie and others- Don't worry I will destress, as you can tell I am finding time to read the forum , and to add comments, so at least I'm not thinking and dreaming work these days.

My favorite April fools joke was done when I was in nursing school and working night's as a CNA, I worked at a very small facility and it is was all on one floor, the night nurse had a key to the administrator office, so in the middle of the night on the 31st, we carefully moved the entire office out on to the front lawn, he came in the back door the next morning and unlocked the door to his office only to find it empty. and the neighbors oout on the lawn to see if they could buy his desk as a yard sale item.

Hollis