washed my lippie

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
queenie50cat

washed my lippie

Post by queenie50cat » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:17 am

Ya'll are not going to believe what happened to me. I washed and dried my fav lippie-Sherry lipgloss. Not only did I lose my lipgloss but it also got on my clothes, I'm hoping it'll just wash out. I keep one in my scrub pocket at work so I'll always have it with me and I forgot to check my pockets, I must've just missed it b/c I always empty my pockets when I get home. Live and learn!
karen
Site Admin

Re: washed my lippie

Post by karen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:24 am

Oh no! That's not good at all. They generally survive the washer pretty well, but the dryer does them in. If you had a lot of nice clothes in that load- Shaklee products are about the best I've used for cleaning-up lipstick. They're a little on the pricey side- but I love their Simple H2 multi-purpose cleaner (we use that in the shop to clean counters), liquid laundry detergent, and Nature Bright. Soak them in Nature Bright for a while and then wash them with the detergent and they should be presentable again.

They only sell them online, or through their independent distributer network (like Mary Kay)- but for the messes I make they're worth it. Their site is http://www.shaklee.com
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
queenie50cat

Post by queenie50cat » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Thanks for the tip Karen.
sc123

Post by sc123 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:14 am

I ran over mine and found it about 5 weeks later, around the same parking spot - it's easier to park where you want when you get to work at 7:30!
queenie50cat

Post by queenie50cat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Too funny. Janet.
frond

Post by frond » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:31 am

I've been looking for my Infatuation lippie and finally found it.. in a freshly washed pair of shorts. Sigh...

It looks fine and smells ok... question is whether its still good to use? anyone?
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:15 am

frond wrote:I've been looking for my Infatuation lippie and finally found it.. in a freshly washed pair of shorts. Sigh...

It looks fine and smells ok... question is whether its still good to use? anyone?
I have done this, too. I washed my Toffee lippie and caught it just before the load went in the dryer. I have been using it and it seems fine. I can't see any reason not to use it as long as the texture is good and it is not wet.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
frond

Post by frond » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:19 pm

I tried it and my lips haven't fallen off or anything. :P tho' honestly, I don't like the colour... just doesn't suit me. Will probably see if anyone else wants it. LOL! don't worry I'll let them know what happened to it before giving it away.
XanZec

Post by XanZec » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:06 pm

Frond,

You can mix the lippie colours if you feel Infatuation is too light! :)
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:11 pm

I've washed and dried my lippies at least once each, Ok, I admit it , i'm horrible about not checking my scrub top pockets. At anyrate, I've been able to use mine each time, as the color and texture have still been ok. I will admit that they weren't meant to be washed and dried on a regular basis, I have to take the cap off to figure out what color it is, since none of the labels are readable anymore. Hollis