Recommended apps for newbie iphone owner

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ghost

Recommended apps for newbie iphone owner

Post by Ghost » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi all

Yesterday I got myself a second-hand iphone 3gs for £200 on pay as you go, for xmas. I realise it's not the newest one but I can't afford even the second-hand prices of those, let alone the brand new ones. And I won't go on a phone contract for a min of 24 month and end up paying more then the phone's worth - pffffffff!!!!! Believe it or not the £200 for a black 3gs 16gb PAYG phone is a bargain, especially considering its in pristine condition (thank you previous owner, whoever you are). It comes with all the original packaging including original items inside and 12 month warranty.

Anyway I'm rattling on (I love a bargain me), I've had android phones in the past and I've always heard "oh there are a load more apps for iphone". So what apps would you recommend for a newbie iphone owner - fun, entertainment, practical, etc, or ones I should stay away from. I'd loved to hear any advise.

Of course that being said I just spent all my money on that and SN comes out with a new line - the world isn't fair!!!!
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
egerandi

Re: Recommended apps for newbie iphone owner

Post by egerandi » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:08 pm

I had an iphone for 3+ years and just finally upgraded, welcome to the family, hehe!

OK, I don't use my phone much other than for the basics, but I have had and used the following quite often. I realize they may not be more or better than what you're already used to, but just for the heck of it:

- kindle and nook - they even have free books
- amazon
- facebook
- twitter
- yelp (not sure if they have it in the uk?)
- wikitap
- google
- imdb
- bank apps (whichever bank you're with, they may have an app)
- airline apps (for easy checkins or flight status)
- Units - I'm from europe, and it helps me navigate the whacky US system
- pandora

-
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm on Android, but I love the wallet apps that store your store shopping cards so you don't have tons in your wallet.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Not all of them are free but they don't cost that much either.

Pulse
AppBox Pro
Dropbox
iXpenseIt
eBay
PayPal
Merriam-Webster dicitonary
Instapaper
swackett (living in the Netherlands makes me a weather forecast freak wishing for sunshine every hour)
Facebook
Twitterrific/Twittelator/TwitBird
Camera+/Hipstamatic/Pixlromatic/Instagram
SoundHound
epicurious
Genius Scan
Bump

HTH!