Halloweeeeeen!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
egerandi

Halloweeeeeen!

Post by egerandi » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:14 pm

It's only about a month away, anyone has their outfit together yet?

I decided I'm not gonna stress much on mine this year: it's gotta be clever but not over-the-top and costly. Inspiration arrived this morning in form of Facebook, from my subscription to The Princess Bride page. They have printed tshirts with quotes from the movie. My favorite is 'My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!' (in the sexiest spanish accent, mind you, hehe).

I ordered an orange fitted lady's tshirt with the above quote on it, will stick a mustache on my face, get a sword on a belt, will wear that shirt with black jeggins or leggings and riding or knee-high boots and maybe a black west and voila! Costume! I'll be also going around asking people if they have 6 fingers on their hands.... :D

Some orange/bronze eye shadow, Combustion on the lips... Yes, yes, I think I'm all set.

Edited to add: 'Some' orange eye shadow, bah, it has to be Heat! I may just have to acquire the rest of that set, Burnout is already on its way to me.
egerandi

Re: Halloweeeeeen!

Post by egerandi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:18 pm

And I'm on the fence again, hehe. Right now I'm thinking Charlie Chaplin or female Alex from Clockwork Orange. Hmmmm....

Has anyone tried doing fake mustache with SN colors? I'm thinking if I layer Film Noir with a black shadow, that should stay for a while? I'll be sipping wine or champagne though and maybe eat a bit, so not sure how long will that last?
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:47 pm

I have done fake cat whiskers as well as a black cat nose on my daughter. It worked well. Is there any way to take a brush and the pod with you just in case you need a touch up?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
lov2read68

Post by lov2read68 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:18 pm

egerandi wrote:And I'm on the fence again, hehe. Right now I'm thinking Charlie Chaplin or female Alex from Clockwork Orange. Hmmmm....

Has anyone tried doing fake mustache with SN colors? I'm thinking if I layer Film Noir with a black shadow, that should stay for a while? I'll be sipping wine or champagne though and maybe eat a bit, so not sure how long will that last?
Years ago, when I had short hair - I went as Charlie Chaplin complete with cane & now DH went as Alex! I just used a black eyeliner pencil for the mustache. If you look at some photos of Chaplin, the mustache doesn't come all the way down to the lip line. Mine stopped short of the lip line & I had no problems with eating/drinking!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Oooh sounds fun!!! Jamie did fake beards on her boys with Truffle stippled on wet- it looked really cute!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:41 am

Lawn flamingo...................................?

And I don't know anything about facial hair makeup. Good luck :)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:42 pm

zeebs wrote:Lawn flamingo...................................?

And I don't know anything about facial hair makeup. Good luck :)

Bwahahahhah, lmao! I'll put that in the idea box for next year. I'm going with Chaplin, the only thing I have to buy now is a bowler hat that fits my tiny head. Last year I needed a top hat and I was lucky to find a child-size one at a costume store.

I think I can pull it off with makeup, and yes, I can bring the pod(s) with me, for touch up. Yay!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:22 am

We get to dress up during the Park in the Dark nights (for Hershey) and I wear a costume everyday (for a total of I believe 10 costumes). Last year I didn't have any shifts so I only did 4 (pirate, wood nymph, pocahontas, and aphrodite). This is the first weekend, so so far I've been a pumpkin, and an elf(i have the prosthetic ear tips, a LOT of pictures were taken by guests- not with my permission, but I'll survive it somehow. lol). Tomorrow I will be little red riding hood! I think I'm going to paint a wolf face though just to be amusing.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Xarata wrote:Tomorrow I will be little red riding hood! I think I'm going to paint a wolf face though just to be amusing.
Now that's a fantastic idea :D