Summer Reading...again!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
extemter

over 900 Kindle books on sale through July 27

Post by extemter » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Now through July 27, more than 900 Kindle books are on sale for $0.99, $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99. I don't have a Kindle and I'm very tempted by some of the titles offered. You just need a device (or computer) on which to use the Kindle app.

Also, Random House Audio is offering free downloads of 3 audiobooks: White Cat by Holly Black, Nate the Great Goes Undercover by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat, and Survival by Louis L'Amour. The audiobooks are mp3 files without DRM restrictions. You don't actually need to sign up for the newsletter.

Furthermore, SYNC offers free audiobook downloads of Young Adult audiobooks and Summer Reading Classics this summer! Watch for a new pair of audiobooks each week from 6/23/11 - 8/17/11.

Okay, I'll stop hijacking the thread now. :)
ChristineLynnP

Re: over 900 Kindle books on sale through July 27

Post by ChristineLynnP » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:25 am

extemter wrote:Now through July 27, more than 900 Kindle books are on sale for $0.99, $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99. I don't have a Kindle and I'm very tempted by some of the titles offered. You just need a device (or computer) on which to use the Kindle app.
I love you for posting this, because I doubt I would have gone there to see. I have a tablet, and I love it because I have the Kindle and Nook app (I had a Sony Reader, that was an epic fail, now I don't want to be locked into one format), but the Kindle app is so glitchy that I really only use it when there are good sales or I have a gift card. Now I know there's a good sale, so I see myself buying quite a few new kindle books soon.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
extemter

readitfor.me business book summaries as illustrations & vide

Post by extemter » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:02 pm

I stumbled upon readitfor.me and am sufficiently impressed that I want to share it with other bookworms. Many executive book summaries services exist and readitfor.me distinguishes itself by providing business book summaries as illustrations and videos, which makes dry summaries more fun and engaging for the lay person. If anybody knows of similar services, please share!

Since readitfor.me keeps crashing my browser (every single time) with its Shockwave Plug-in, I will not be signing up for its 3-month free trial offer. Instead, I'm enjoying many of the PDF summaries here for free.

(In a similar vein of educational illustrations, I can recommend cartoon books that effectively teach science concepts like genetics. I used one as a supplementary course textbook.)