Good news to share

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Colleen

Re: Good news to share

Post by Colleen » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:42 pm

I just saw your post Christine. They do look a lot alike. I think your band tapers in at the top and mine is straight. That's what it looks like in the photo. I like the way yours goes in there. That is a beautiful ring. We both have good taste. I have met one person irl that had a similar ring.
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:25 am

Hope that sincere congratulations are never late!))
Al the best Christine! I believe in love, family and friendship))) These things and the beauty will save the world! Karen helps us with beauty and other things are up to ourselves)))) I am very happy for you)))
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:42 am

Oops, just realised that the phrase "the beauty will save the world" we have in Russia might have different connotation in other countries...
We sometimes use this word to describe smth very good. It doesn't mean only physical beauty, but everything good. And that everything good has its beauty. Hope I could explain))

My heartiest congratulations with the engagement again))) So romantic)))

P.S. My husband gave me a ring made of a foil from a chocolate sweet. Actually he tried to make it in front of my eyes, but he failed, it was smth... formless)))
But he bought me a "real" ring 5 years later, when we were married for 5 years and had a 2 year-old son))))
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:32 am

Die Marchen wrote:Oops, just realised that the phrase "the beauty will save the world" we have in Russia might have different connotation in other countries...
We sometimes use this word to describe smth very good. It doesn't mean only physical beauty, but everything good. And that everything good has its beauty. Hope I could explain))

P.S. My husband gave me a ring made of a foil from a chocolate sweet. Actually he tried to make it in front of my eyes, but he failed, it was smth... formless)))
But he bought me a "real" ring 5 years later, when we were married for 5 years and had a 2 year-old son))))
I like that saying, thanks for explaining it. Your story was so sweet too. It sounds like you have a wonderful dh.
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Wowee!!! Congratulations!!!!! What a beautiful ring! Can't wait to see wedding pics :)
~~Sarah~~
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Die Marchen wrote:Oops, just realised that the phrase "the beauty will save the world" we have in Russia might have different connotation in other countries...

Thank you :D And I completely understood what you meant, it's a great saying, I really like it. Thanks for sharing.

That's such a sweet story, about the tinfoil ring and the real ring coming 5 years later. Sometimes, the best things are worth waiting for.

We picked up our bands tonight! :o YAY! I'm so excited!

Here's Eric's ring:

And mine:

And of course I had to make sure they still look good together :lol:

Sorry, I know I went a bit pic-heavy there. I promise that's the worst I'll be. I won't have any "real" wedding pics to share since we're not having an actual ceremony, just signing the paperwork and living happily ever after.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:39 am

I love looking at your pictures Christine. The rings look perfect together. I hope you do live happily ever after. Thanks for sharing.