Twitter - I'm overwhelmed!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Die Marchen

Twitter - I'm overwhelmed!

Post by Die Marchen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:57 am

Hi all!

My fellow members from Moms With Apps (an association of parents-developers) all have twitter accounts and tweet and tweet and tweet... Finally I established one... And I'm totally overwhelmed... It is not like fb - I get tons of info, while I follow only 77 persons... Some ones have several thousands! It seems to me that it it is impossible to keep track of all the tweets, some people tweet almost all the same things... Do you have accounts? How do you deal with it?

TIAD
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Silverfern

Re: Twitter - I'm overwhelmed!

Post by Silverfern » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:32 pm

I have a few twitter accounts for different topics that I use to subscribe to people-who-those-topics. Twitter is odd. It's not somewhere I usually go for real news or important stuff. In those cases I'll go to someone's blog or facebook. But I use it for quick up-to-the-minute status reports. I have a makeup one for people I know who would tell me about coupons or other random stuff. And a programming/nerdy one for thoughts on nerdy topics, etc.

Or if a huge news story is breaking, I'll look at their trends page and then go to "real" news sources.

Whatever you do, don't try to read it all. Just browse once in a while :) Or if you really care about a certain person, click on their main twitter page and you'll see all of just their tweets.
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks)) Some guys are almost spammers there//// I will not read it all, never)))

Just visit on fridays when I have to participate or etc... nothing more)))
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Except for a few occasions when I thought I had to have my voice heard, I only passively participate. I don't accept follow invitations unless i know the person or am interested in what they are saying.

I follow my boyfriend and another friend from work (they travelled together once, and I learned stuff about their trip faster through twitter than through my dearest calling me, heh). I also follow the local public transport agency for updates and some local foodie accounts. Other than that, I prefer facebook :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:18 am

Had Twitter. Deleted it. Found it meaningless. Not sure how to help... good luck :)