Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
lcash

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Post by lcash » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:45 am

What are your "I'm grateful for..." top five? I'll start with family, friends, freedom, warmth, and relative security. L.
JenW

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Post by JenW » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 am

Mine is going to look quite a bit like yours:

Family, Friends, Freedom.....and then it gets really hard to put things into words!

Today I am thankful for days where things don't always go as planned. We are home this Thanksgiving because my 11 year old son got sick on the way to visit family yesterday. It has been an adventure and I really think this will be my first Thanksgiving ever at home. He is better today, and we are going to the movies, and I will do my best to whip up something like a Thanksgiving feast...at least as much as you can do on short notice.

So many of the other things I am thankful for fall under the first three. My hobbies, opportunities, and like lcash said, relative security. Since this was a milestone year, I think I am going to say life experiences. Really, those are the things that have made me what I am today, and I appreciate the good and the bad.

Happy Thanksgiving to our US customers....and to those elsewhere, I am thankful for you, too, and wish that this day for you will fall in your list of good ones!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:55 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all. My list is going to look similar to everyone else's. I'm thankful for family, friends, freedoms, health ( especially my husband's, since if it weren't for good fortune at the being of this year , I stood a good chance of being a young widow). Like Jen W, I am also thankful for my life experiences, since they have molded me in to the person that I am today , my hope is that I will continue to learn and grow from them throughout the years, and yes I am thankful for relative security.
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:29 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I am also thankful for family (especially my wonderful husband and my two awesome sons), friends (especially our best friends who share their family Thanksgiving celebration with us every year), and freedom. I am thankful for my husband's job, especially right now while I am struggling with unemployment. I am thankful for our family's health, and I am hopeful that my mother's ill health will improve. I am thankful for the wonderful schools where my children are being educated. I am thankful to the great volunteers who work with me on the PTA board at my younger son's school; it makes me so happy that we are able to provide support to the teachers who provide our kids with such great educations.

Oh, wait, I was supposed to stop at my top five, huh? Ah, well, given the things that have happened in the past couple months for which I am NOT thankful (my mother's cancer diagnosis, my unemployment), I am enjoying cataloging how much there is for which I am thankful. :)
meheeeen

Post by meheeeen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:22 am

I'm thankful for the Beatles, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, my health, and my family!
Not in that order ; )
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:50 am

Yes!!! Happy Thanksgiving- I hope it was wonderful. I'm thankful for so many things- friends, family, the SN community, freedom, the puppies- even little things like clean water. Life experiences, a warm bed to crawl into a night, a car that starts in the morning, my sweet sweet nephew, and niece, an amazing husband who suffers me well, great parents. Yes, so many blessings.

Thank you all for being part of them.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:38 pm

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.