Happy Guy Fawkes Night Brits

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ghost

Happy Guy Fawkes Night Brits

Post by Ghost » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Happy Guys Fawkes Night to all the brits on the board :D :D :D My fav night after halloween

Let those fireworks go and enjoy the sparklers with the bonfire blazing high and bright

we're having a little fireworks in the back garden and I'm tucking into a jacket potatoes with curried baked beans and salad - yum (swear I invented it before heinz)

Always be safewith fireworks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"remember, remember the 5th of november"
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
Hoyden

Re: Happy Guy Fawkes Night Brits

Post by Hoyden » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:52 pm

HA! I experienced Guy Fawkes celebrations while living in Italy courtesy of some British kids whose fathers were at the NATO command.

I decided that I liked it and kept it. My neighbors just shake their heads at me and bundle up for the bon fire.

I gave it a little of my own twist. I let my kids burn their bad tests and papers from the first 1/2 term of school to exorcise the bad and bring in the good grades.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:19 pm

I enjoyed celebrating Guy Fawkes day when I was in England. I liked it better than Halloween...
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:15 pm

AAAAH it was so wet and windy here!!! Had a great night though holed up in a pub 'stealing' fireworks out of the window that all the other hardier types were putting on :D
~~Sarah~~