Tea, anyone?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
AdoptYourNextPet

Re: Tea, anyone?

Post by AdoptYourNextPet » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:13 pm

I LOVE tea, hot or cold.
I'm sure it has been said on here somewhere but Teavana is another great tea store. Their website is pretty extensive ans they do have stores in some cities which is great because you can go in and smell the teas and sample them as well. I love going in the store and smelling all the teas. They are pricey but the the teas can be used multiple times.
I like Tetley tea bags and the teas from Trader Joe's when I don't want to deal with loose teas.
www.theanimalrescuesite.com
jelli920

Post by jelli920 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:46 pm

I love tea. I get mine from Teavana
niomi

Post by niomi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:03 pm

I love tea... I'm currently drinking Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer Herbal tea because my 13 year old little brother is on steroids for a cough and is even more annoying than his normal 13 year old self. (I know that sounds terrible, but geeze....)

funny thing that I noticed while checking the ingredients... It contains catnip. love it! Maybe that's why my little kitty loves to stick her face in my cup haha :lol:
Attachments
my favorite mug...
my favorite mug...
tea.jpg (13.6 KiB) Viewed 5407 times
JenK

Post by JenK » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:17 pm

niomi wrote:I love tea... I'm currently drinking Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer Herbal tea
I just got finished drinking this!!
Pomi

Post by Pomi » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm really loving this peach tea I brought back from London. It's lovely! :D I have to stop myself from drinking too much though or I can't sleep at night.
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:40 am

I think I have become an addict....what can I say? I love reading about the things that everyone likes here on this thread. I had no idea that the world of tea was so diverse. I have been logging my tea experience at Steepster.com....it is an online tea community. I must say that members there are as generous with sharing samples as we mineral girls encounter on our boards. If anyone decides to join over there, let me know. I would be happy to be your follower! ;) I am SimplyJenW over there. The only problem with a place like Steepster...my wish list is growing!

The latest vendor to catch my eye...Upton. I am quite pleased with them! Their shipping is flat rate at around $4 for US, and they offer samples for a reasonable cost. Their website is a little hard to navigate, but they have a really cool catalogue that comes out quarterly.

cait- you must try their Rose Congou. It is as good as rose tea from other vendors, but about $1 per ounce (125g/4.4 oz is around $4). I would send you a sample, but I am trying to finish up my twice as expensive, but similar quality rose tea! I only bought a sample at Upton to compare, and I was impressed.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:37 pm

OK, Steepster... adding to the list of sites to stay away from... hehe. I'm scared that I would flood our kitchen with even more teas and the boyfriend would flip. I outgrew a huge drawer and quarter of the counter is covered with lose teas, herbal or other. One day when I have even more cabinet space, I'll go visit, thanks of the tip!

Current favorites:
Pouchong oolong and green tea with rose petals and bergamot.
AdoptYourNextPet

Post by AdoptYourNextPet » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Ohhhhh Steepster.com....I will have to check that site out!!!!

My favs right now from teavana are: Earl Grey Creame, Jasmine Oolong, Vanilla Honeybush and My Morning Mate.

I just an iced tea maker and am playing around with that...I love it
www.theanimalrescuesite.com
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:29 am

Lavender tulsi! From Stash. Just picked it up at the supermarket to make lavender chocolate truffles with, but I'm drinking a cup of it, and it's good.
cait

Post by cait » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm gearing up to place an order with Upton. Thanks for the rec, Jen! I'm getting the rose congou and a few green teas :)