Good vibes please - job front

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
zeebs

Re: Good vibes please - job front

Post by zeebs » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Good luck! Something new awaits you!
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Thank you sooooo much everyone. You have no idea how much your words mean to me and how they have encouraged me to stay positive. Your good vibes are working well.

I'm doing much better now then I was the other day, still a little up and down but on the whole I'm doing okay. I do find it weird telling people I'm leaving, everyone who I have told so far are completely shocked.

Karen: I was shaken and shocked until I read your words, when I read "GIANT MISTAKE" I just cried. Not so much for being sad or shaken but because someone was out raged on my behalf. In fact one of my supervisors (who wasn't in on Wednesday) came in angry and almost crying on my behalf. I was very touch as no one has done that for me before (as the same with you karen :) ). Don't know if you noticed but I did an order to treat myself the same day lol. I hope my cute guy is 6ft 5", with dark hair, blue or green eyes, has a motorcycle, a few tattoos, dark sense of humour and loves reading vampire/supernatural book and simple adores me - teehee

Jen: Yeah I need to give notice, one month but we have this thing at work called the re-deployment register meaning anyone who has been made redundant are placed on it. When jobs become available, people on the register get first picks :mrgreen:. I have applied for a job in our Education department, (I did it in works time and they let me) so I hoping that bares fruit. If I don't have anything by the end of 31st dec, I don't have a job but I do get redundancy pay.

I did notice on my first post that I forgot to mention the redundancy is due to cutbacks (as with everyone) and I wasn't the only one. A lot of people took voluntary redundancy but basically there is/was 60 staff and 30% of our annual budget has to be saved (meaning a lot more then 30% of the staff are going). Even when I was told about the redundancy I didn't hold any hard feelings as I know it wasn't personal and cuts had to be made. I do feel very sorry for our manager who had to make all the decisions (no one wants to fire their staff) and the management team who have to help with all the redundancy work. They are lovely ladies and I will miss working with them, not to mention my team. :cry: I will especially miss one of my supervisors, she is the most wonderful, kind and understanding women I have ever met (prier to SN and this forum :D ). If she asked me to jump I would say how high, you just can't buy that loyalty, I know I'm very lucky in that aspect. And my colleague who sits opposite me, we are always cracking each other up, playing little games (while doing work of course), hiding her chocolate bar or any other food laying around on her desk (teehee), trying to figure out/ investigate the new cute guy's name, not to mention singing xmas songs when it gets closer to xmas (actually we are doing it today ha ha ha ha)

Our manager did pop in yesterday to see how we were all doing which I thought was very nice of her. One of the ladies from the management team, has offered time and time again her help in filling application forms, sending us vacancies suitable for us and tips with our interview skills. In that aspect I know I'm very lucky as I know people don't get that anywhere else. She also keeps popping asking how I'm doing, she says she is just waiting for me to cry or go berserk lol (god writing this is making me cry as I know I going to miss them all lol). Not too mention the 3rd lady from the management team is always in and out to see how we are doing and has offered her help as well or if we need to talk privately about things. I never realised until now how very lucking I am to be working with these people. It's not always so red roses as with any office, but on the whole I have been very blessed.

Again thank you everyone for your kind words and I will keep you all up to date with my progress.

sorry for the long post
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:59 pm

I think you should head the British branch of SN... or maybe head research and development??? ;) Good luck with the job hunting, redundancies are just the worst, good people getting booted because more often then not it just seems like the quickest and easiest way to save money! You've got the personality to carry you through this and right into another job! And your perfect guy sounds like my perfect guy, minus motorbikes cause they scare me hehe... I'll keep an eye out for you ;)
~~Sarah~~
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi all

I have some good news the job in education I mentioned I applied for, well they rang today and I have an interview on 6th oct at 14:00. Oh I'm so happy I could burst :mrgreen:

Sarah: Yeah I can see it now converting the entire population of women in Britain to follow our happy 'addictive' cult. Karen I would take on this personal challenge with great honour, hell I wouldn't see it as work. The motorcycle not mandatory it's just I love to ride on a back of a motorcycle, cause I never have. Not to mention the leather bikers need to wear looks great and that one of my many book character boyfriend (Acheron from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark hunter series) rider a motorcycle. On second thought it is mandatory LOL

Again I would like to thank everyone for all their thought and spare vibes. Still having my ups and downs my, but I have been supported by so many kind people and I can't thank you all enough ;)
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:12 am

Congrats! You'll knock 'em dead. I hope this temporary setback is a springboard to something truly amazing.

When I met DH he was wearing a black motorcycle jacket, and it was love at first sight. I've never actually seen him ride (he did for a long time, but stopped before we started dating)- but he sure looked great in that jacket ;)
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
happyhiker

Post by happyhiker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:42 pm

Good job on the interview! I wanted to give you a little hope. I had been working a temp job for almost 2 years and found out in August that they would not be able to extend my contract this time and that my job would end at the end of September. My husband works as a utility locator and so has very little work in the winter. This was a tremendous amount of stress for me. However, just after I found out I was going to be let go, I also found out about a position within the company I was temping at. I got the job, a big pay increase, better benefits, the whole shebang, and I start on the 11th!

My point is this...don't let anyone bring you down by telling you how hard it is to find jobs right now. Keep positive and you will do great...and when you get a new job, it will be better than before!
Jill
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi all - update

I had my interview today and I think it went okay. Think I could have said more (soooo out of practice with interviews) but I believe it went okay :D though I did babble like a maniac at times.

Right I've been wanting to post this for a week now but sworn to secrecy (I don't think my manager peek here but you never know). After my redundancy interview with my manager last wed, she told me one of the people who had been assigned a job has gave in their redundancy and I was next in line for it :mrgreen: (had to keep it quite as it wasn't official until today, no one in my office knew). I was sooooo shocked and I'm glad that I have a job after 31st dec but it is only 18.5 hours (part time) not 37 (full time - what I am now) I have two par time time jobs, in the same team, at the same desk, but on two different grades. One was too low for this structure so it got written off and the gave me this new job for my higher grade (beyond this it's too complicated to explain the rest on a forum.

The interview I had today is for a full time post (37 hours) but only obligated to give it to me on a part time bases (18.5 hours redeployment for the lower grade), but I made it quite clear I was interested in the post full time. I won't know until early next week if I got it or not - so finger crossed.

Now I'm just going to try and not stress over it, over the weekend. I would welcome any pearls of wisdom for not stressing over this ;)

thank you to everyone again for taking the time to post ;)
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:49 am

Hi all

All your vibes did not go to waste because

I GOT THE JOB!!!!

The interview I went for last wed (my first in 6 years) and I got it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Again thank you all for your good vibes, kind words and support. I wish you all good karma :mrgreen:
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:56 am

Yippeeeeeeee! :mrgreen:
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Congrats. And I hope you love it!
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com