Good vibes please - job front

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Ghost

Good vibes please - job front

Post by Ghost » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:30 am

Hi all

If any of you have any vibes spare I could use some.

I was told today that I haven't got a job from the 31st Dec. Being told you've been made redundant is quite shocking. I wasn't the only one but I think I was the first being told. I'm too shocked at the mo to refer to my zen mode of mind - change is a good thing, there's more to the world then my job and this isn't the end, life goes on. I totally believe in that, it's just right now I'm too shocked to think right (and a little edgy). We have this thing called the redeployment register at work and I will be put on it, if any jobs come up people on the register will get first picks so that's very good.

keep your finger cross that I get a great job for the future
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
karen
Site Admin

Re: Good vibes please - job front

Post by karen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:49 am

Oooh Honey- I'm so sorry your employer made a GIANT MISTAKE by making you redundant. I'm right there with you on the shock and anger fronts...it's just not right. Finding someone who actually wants to work, and does a good job is the hardest thing employers have to do- and to just let someone go like that is a mistake.

Yes, change can be good- especially with job stuff. Right now it's dizzying, and it probably makes you feel like you've been kicked in the head, but yes- I have a feeling you'll come out on the other side much stronger. Who knows...maybe they'll be a cute guy at your new office!

I have my fingers crossed for you...exciting times are ahead, I can feel it!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Oh Ghost, I am so sorry you are dealing with this! I agree, GIANT MISTAKE...though maybe not? Sometimes the universe has amazing adventures planned while we're sitting there reeling from some unexpected drama in our lives! ;) Still doesn't make things any easier to deal with though. I hope you find a new, even better job than the one you have now that brings you immense goodness! Anyone would be wicked lucky to have you as an employee...or co-worker for that matter.

And just think...maybe the new job will give you time to write your weight loss book that's gonna make you world famous! :D In the meantime, good vibes coming your way! :)
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:19 pm

I agree on all fronts......I think this is a great opportunity to find something better! In a way, it was good that they gave you some lead time. If you find something else before Dec. 31, can you give notice?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
lambchop

Post by lambchop » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Good vibes are being sent out to you. I'm glad you have the hope inside, even if you don't feel it much at the moment.

Take care.

Ann
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:47 pm

I'll keep you in my thoughts. I'm sure something much better and fabulous is waiting for you! ;)
~Tracy~
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm so sorry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending good vibes your way that you either find a new job quickly or that your employer wakes up and realizes that they need to keep you.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Ghost, I'm so sorry and I agree with everyone else, they made a Giant Mistake. On the bright side, they gave you 2 months plus to look for something else, so I will send positibve vibes your way. I'm sure you will find something better.
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi Ghost, I really cannot add to everybody elses's sage and wonderful advice except to say to trust your instincts. They have served you well over the time it has taken you over this life changing personal journey. Don't believe any of the old lies your ego might have told you about your worth and value. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Inside and out!
The best is just waiting to happen!

xx
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:40 pm

O geez. I'm sorry to hear that. And I second everything Karen said (and others have said). I can't believe it when companies layoff their people that WANT to work and do work hard. Seems so counterproductive.