Having trouble finding a mlbb shade for my skintone

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
amberdoe

Having trouble finding a mlbb shade for my skintone

Post by amberdoe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi, so I’ve been scouring the website for a good mlbb shade for me and most shades I’ve found seem upon reading the description and reviews seem too brown or gray or on the other end being too bright. I’ve found recently that I look best in blush colors. I have a slight olivey yellowness to my skin and I find many nudes can look mauve or brown on me. And some can look too peachy or yellow. Ah, I can never win lol I have the color 90’s in the velvet formula, and the swatches and on other people it looks like a plummy red brown, but on me it’s a straight grey brown 🤦‍♀️ I’m open to any formula sheer or matte, I’m mostly looking for that perfect “tone” for my skin. Can you help me find my holy grail nude? Thank you!

I’ve attached a pic of me in the summer with a tan, keep in mind the winter I can get quite fair and more of that pale yellow comes through.
Attachments
A956B976-2649-4A0A-B292-9B684C1BEBCB.jpeg
A956B976-2649-4A0A-B292-9B684C1BEBCB.jpeg (460.83 KiB) Viewed 11841 times
JenW

Re: Having trouble finding a mlbb shade for my skintone

Post by JenW » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:32 pm

Have you tried any sheer formulas>?

It is very tricky to find a nude looking shade in a heavily pigmented lip product.

I recommend Jaybird or Birthday Suit. For something a little pinkier, try Maiden. We have very similar coloring. ;)

Once you see the right tones in sheerer formulas, it is easier to pick them out in more pigmented versions.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com