HD Foundation and Concealer for medium Olive skintone

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Loonii

HD Foundation and Concealer for medium Olive skintone

Post by Loonii » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:16 pm

I am considering the HD N50 foundation and HD#5 concealer.
I am in Canada so would prefer to order a full size as shipping costs are very high.

Can you tell me if I am in the right ball park for a very olive complexion. I am not very warm...but more of a neutral green with cool yellow rather than neutral peach. In clothing, I look best in cool bright colours, warm lavenders, pinks and jewel toned blues. In makeup I look best in lavender toned pinks on lips. Most colours tend to go too warm or orange on my skin. Can't do anything remotely orange or mustard or warm red! I can wear some coral pinks. I can wear almost any shade of bronze on eyes but need something pink or lavender with it.

Can anyone give me some advice or post some swatches. I can always tweak with some green and brown but would prefer to get a good base tone to begin with.

sorry I don't have photos or a cell phone.
JenW

Re: HD Foundation and Concealer for medium Olive skintone

Post by JenW » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:10 am

Loonii wrote:I am considering the HD N50 foundation and HD#5 concealer.
I am in Canada so would prefer to order a full size as shipping costs are very high.

Can you tell me if I am in the right ball park for a very olive complexion. I am not very warm...but more of a neutral green with cool yellow rather than neutral peach. In clothing, I look best in cool bright colours, warm lavenders, pinks and jewel toned blues. In makeup I look best in lavender toned pinks on lips. Most colours tend to go too warm or orange on my skin. Can't do anything remotely orange or mustard or warm red! I can wear some coral pinks. I can wear almost any shade of bronze on eyes but need something pink or lavender with it.

Can anyone give me some advice or post some swatches. I can always tweak with some green and brown but would prefer to get a good base tone to begin with.

sorry I don't have photos or a cell phone.
In reading this, I am wondering if you need to try the cooler shades? They will have very little yellow.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Loonii

Re: HD Foundation and Concealer for medium Olive skintone

Post by Loonii » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Turns out best match is a mix of N30 and C40 (NC35).
N40 was too yellow.
And the P30 concealer is a great match. P20 for brightening.

For summer, I only wear a little zinc, concealer and powder.