color help

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
6088lisa

color help

Post by 6088lisa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi Jen,

I've sampled a lot of natural foundations over the past few months, and the closest match I've found is Alima Pure neutral 2. My normal foundation in the past was Mary Kay mineral powder Ivory 2, but after all this experimenting I think it was a little dark for me.

I ordered samples of the SN vegan ivory and the medium coverage foundations. So far I've only tried mixing the vegan ivory, but I haven't gotten the color right. I started with 7 ivory and 1 ebony, but it was too pink. I added about 1/2 scoop Olive, but it's still too pink I think.

Here are a couple pictures of me and a pic of the Alima, SN, and Mary Kay foundations. Thank you for your help!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NK0siTBO8h5GGRQn1
JenW

Re: color help

Post by JenW » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm

6088lisa wrote:Hi Jen,

I've sampled a lot of natural foundations over the past few months, and the closest match I've found is Alima Pure neutral 2. My normal foundation in the past was Mary Kay mineral powder Ivory 2, but after all this experimenting I think it was a little dark for me.

I ordered samples of the SN vegan ivory and the medium coverage foundations. So far I've only tried mixing the vegan ivory, but I haven't gotten the color right. I started with 7 ivory and 1 ebony, but it was too pink. I added about 1/2 scoop Olive, but it's still too pink I think.

Here are a couple pictures of me and a pic of the Alima, SN, and Mary Kay foundations. Thank you for your help!
I would actually skip the Ebony. I also think you need about a 1:12ish mix in Olive. Olive is really the most neutral we have, unless you tend toward the cool side of neutral.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com