Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Pchelka

Re: Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Post by Pchelka » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Hello!

Could you,please, help me to color match SN foundations (medium, heavy coverage powder ones and HD creamy foundation) and a concealer. Just for reference, my Mac Sttudio Fix Fluid colour is NW15 (NW20 is slightly too dark for me, but would be fine on tanned skin). I am kind of on the pale side, with slightly warm undertones

Some other branded foundation colours that suit my skin tone perfectly:

From Mineral cosmetic barnds: Lucy Minerals in Bisque,
Lumiere Flawless Face/Veena Velvet in Light Medium Warm.

With reference to other popular cosmetic brands:

Mac Matchmaster 1.5
Clinique anti-blemish solutions liquid makeup - 02 Fresh Ivory (VF/MF)
DiorSkin Nude Spf15 - 020
Bourjois Healthy Mix - 51 (Slightly towards 52, but the latter is a tiny bit too yellow)
Lancome Bare Skin Effect/Illuminating - 02 Lyse Rose
Givenchy Eclat Matissime/ Photoperfexion - 04
YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat - BD20 (Beige Dore 20). Colour BD40, for instance, is a bit grey for me
Clarins Skin Illusion - Beige 107
Shiseido Perfect Refining - I 00
Guerlain Parure Aqua - Claire Beige 02
Guerlain Lingerie de peau - Rose Claire 12. Beige Claire 02 is a little too dark
Chanel Vitalumier - B10
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:28 am

Pchelka-

In powder foundations, I think Olive. In Creamy foundations I think Neutral.

Olive will be 1 scoop of color to 15 or so white. Creamy foundations in N20 or N30.

We have several concealers. What purpose do you need a concealer?
Extra Light Peach loose powder for eyes, creamy P10 or P20 for eyes, creamy #1 or #2 for general.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Pchelka

Post by Pchelka » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Hello!

Thank you so much for your help. The foundation name is a bit confusing since I've never used anything Olive. But you have more experience with Silk Naturals. So I'll give it a go.

I would need a concealer for my under eye area. I frequently have darkness to cover
Last edited by Pchelka on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:14 am

I would try one of the peachy versions I mentioned in the other post, then! Peach is great for cancelling dark circles.

I know it might sound strange to choose Olive, but ours is on the warmer side of neutral. Some of the foundations you mentioned are just slightly warm, but not very. Ebony is on the cool side of neutral, so I don't think it will match as well.
Faves-
liz33

Post by liz33 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:33 am

Hello! I am new to silk naturals and have a few questions I could use some help with.

1. I don't know what color to even start with. I am typically NW20 or so, or beige 2 in many brands. I have medium brown hair, blue eyes, mixed English and Austrian descent. I have both pink and yellow undertones. (See picture)

2. What ratio do I mix in the translucent powder with the color? 1:1? All of the colors look too dark in the bags, so I assume they will lighten up with the translucent powder?

Thank you!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (94.82 KiB) Viewed 31502 times
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:05 pm

liz3-
I think you will fall Warm gold or Olive. Which white base do you have?
Faves-
Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:25 am

Hi, I'm new to silknaturals and I'm considering buying one of the cream foundations. I live outside US, so I hope I know my best match without trying samples first considering the shipping fee.
I have neutral to olive light-medium Asian skin tone, and I've used Mac nc20-25 and NARS fiji. However, I look better with more neutral bases than yellow bases like Mac's nc20-25. I believe my skin tone would match with either N30 or N40. Would you recommend a better choice? Or, would you describe the brightness of each color compared to shades other company's color ranges..? I also want to know the right match of peach corrector cream concealer for the cream foundation:) I'll wait for your reply!
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:27 am

Daisy wrote:Hi, I'm new to silknaturals and I'm considering buying one of the cream foundations. I live outside US, so I hope I know my best match without trying samples first considering the shipping fee.
I have neutral to olive light-medium Asian skin tone, and I've used Mac nc20-25 and NARS fiji. However, I look better with more neutral bases than yellow bases like Mac's nc20-25. I believe my skin tone would match with either N30 or N40. Would you recommend a better choice? Or, would you describe the brightness of each color compared to shades other company's color ranges..? I also want to know the right match of peach corrector cream concealer for the cream foundation:) I'll wait for your reply!
I think N40 will be too dark. You might want both N20 and N30. I can't really compare brightness to other companies products, mostly because I am not sure what you are asking..... The golden shades are yellow-ish and the cool shades are pink-ish. I am kind of leaning P20 for the peach concealer. I tend to choose that a shade lighter than the foundation to brighten the under eye area.
Faves-
BarbieD

Post by BarbieD » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:10 pm

I just received my kit and I'm at a loss. If I hold the the four sample colors to my wrist, somewhere between the Olive and Ebony seems to be the right tone, just way too dark. I tried taking a picture in every light I could get and none seemed to look like my skin. :? I've worn Bare Minerals for years and used medium beige. It looks good when I put it on in the bathroom, but in the sunlight it's way too pink. Then during the day it seems to oxidize to an unattractive pinky/orange color on my face (my T-zone gets oily during the day).

I'm light complected. In the summer I usually burn first and then it turns to tan the next day or so. I'm a mix of Irish and Native American - more Irish. My natural hair color is a medium ash brown and my eyes are green.

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Barbara
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:56 am

Hi BarbieD-

I did answer your email! Let me know if you need further assistance. I should not be away from my email and the forum for that long for a good while!
Faves-