Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
JenW

Re: Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Post by JenW » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:44 pm

moonchild wrote:Hi, I am new to this board and Silk Naturals. I want to order the sample foundation but don't know what color to use. My Sephora color IQ # 2Y07. I wear the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Nude. My Mac foundation is NW20. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
You will probably be an Olive or Ebony. I recommend trying a kit as it will have both shades of color base. Olive will be about 1:14-18 and Ebony about 1:8 or 9
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
moonchild

Post by moonchild » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:13 am

JenW wrote:
moonchild wrote:Hi, I am new to this board and Silk Naturals. I want to order the sample foundation but don't know what color to use. My Sephora color IQ # 2Y07. I wear the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Nude. My Mac foundation is NW20. I would appreciate any help. Thanks
You will probably be an Olive or Ebony. I recommend trying a kit as it will have both shades of color base. Olive will be about 1:14-18 and Ebony about 1:8 or 9
HI Jen, Thank you so much. Olive 1:14 was a perfect match for me and I am absolutely loving the foundation.
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:03 pm

moonchild-

So glad it worked! If you ever get to the point it needs adjusting (Are you paler in the Winter and a little sunned in the Summer?) I can help with that!
Faves-
moonchild

Post by moonchild » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Jen,
I do have another question for you. Would the ratios still be the same for the medium and full coverage foundations?Once again, thanks for your help.
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:04 am

moonchild wrote:Hi Jen,
I do have another question for you. Would the ratios still be the same for the medium and full coverage foundations?Once again, thanks for your help.
They will be close, but not exact. The more coverage, it usually takes more pigment to tint it. (That means your recipe will most likely be lower in the white scoops.) It also depends on how spot on the color is. By going up in coverage, you might actually have to tweak the color a bit.
Faves-
Catherine Ong

Post by Catherine Ong » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi hi, I am new to Silk Naturals and would like to try out the HD Cream Foundation and full coverage powder foundation. I am unsure what color to use.
I am currently using Alima Pure Beige 3 powder foundation and Alima Pure Cardamon pressed foundation.

I have dry skin.

Thanks in advance!
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Catherine Ong wrote:Hi hi, I am new to Silk Naturals and would like to try out the HD Cream Foundation and full coverage powder foundation. I am unsure what color to use.
I am currently using Alima Pure Beige 3 powder foundation and Alima Pure Cardamon pressed foundation.

I have dry skin.

Thanks in advance!
I would try Golden and Neutral in the 40 range. That could also mean the shade on either side, but probably 30 and 40 will be what you need.
Faves-
Emma321

Post by Emma321 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi there! I just got my foundation samples today and am wondering what ratios you would suggest? I have a cool skin tone, brown eyes, auburn hair. I purchased the original Ivory Sample Kit. Also the cool HD in a few shades. Thanks in advance! [img]%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i.imgur.com/fnm9fnb.jpg%5B/IMG%5D[/img]
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:20 pm

Emma321 wrote:Hi there! I just got my foundation samples today and am wondering what ratios you would suggest? I have a cool skin tone, brown eyes, auburn hair. I purchased the original Ivory Sample Kit. Also the cool HD in a few shades. Thanks in advance!
Hi Emma 321!

I did see your picture. I think start with Ebony at about a 1 scoop color to 6 scoops white.
Faves-
arsquared

Post by arsquared » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Help!?! I have no idea which shade or sample kit to buy! I used to wear bare minerals medium beige, but that was before I had a child (and when I actually spent some time outdoors). I also have terrible dark circles (I look like I have been punched), so I need something to cover that up. I currently use Urban Decay's naked skin in peach, but it tends to leave lines. I don;t get much acne, but my pores can look large, and I get lines beside my mouth if I wear a lot of makeup.
Attachments
Photo on 9-13-17 at 3.42 PM.jpg
Photo on 9-13-17 at 3.42 PM.jpg (42.89 KiB) Viewed 44369 times