Spring Gumballs!!!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Spring Gumballs!!!!!

Post by karen » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:49 pm

I just put 4 new gumballs on the site including a slightly modified cream shadow formula. The new formula has slightly less silica, and thickener so we could include more pigments. Let us know what you think!

There are also a few baby/home products. I'm not 100% sure we'll do a baby line, but I've been making Ali's products since before he was born, and I'm super pleased with them. The cleaner concentrate is pretty nifty IMHO, and it smells great!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Heidiv

Re: Spring Gumballs!!!!!

Post by Heidiv » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:06 pm

WOOT WOOT.. runs off to order so I don't miss the cream shadow gumball !
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:10 pm

I ordered the cream shadow. The color seems like it is same as the older gumball. Is it same color just new formula? I'm excited to try it out! :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:56 pm

It's a different color...but they do sort of look the same in the tube, and in the pics. Curious was glimmery, sheer, and silvery, and Whim is a little bit deeper with more coverage and a more golden/copper tone to it. It does have some sparkle to it because I want to make sure we're not getting fallout.
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Just ordered the gumballs. I can always use a good cleaner around the house, the baby wash I use for my makeup brushes and looking forward to the cream shadow. No baby in sight but I hope the cream will be good for my feet and hands.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
packgal

Post by packgal » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Just ordered the gumballs, really excited to try everything out, especially on my 5 month old babe! Thanks for sharing your creations for Ali with us Karen, that is really cool. Question about the diaper cream, do you use it with cloth diapers? I know you say it is CD safe but I have seen conflicting things about zinc oxide. Would love to know how it has actually worked for you if you use CDs.
Thanks!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 pm

I've seen conflicting things about it too...from my experience with zinc oxide- in powder form it washes out just fine. We use a lot of microfiber cloths in the shop, and they get very clean when we wash them. I've seen back and forth posts on CD forums about it, and the base is thinner than something like Triple Paste or Desitin- we haven't had an issue, but CD stuff seems to be very YMMV.

If you want to play it safe you could use a liner with it.

I can't believe your LO is 5 months already!!! Congrats!
packgal

Post by packgal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:58 am

Ok, thank you :). Isn't it crazy how fast bebes grow up?
Die Marchen

Post by Die Marchen » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks for gumballs! I wanted to tell you earlier, but didn't find the cause - I have a second baby, now it's a girl and she is already 1,4 yo. So all my pregnancy and feeding I was using SN only and successfully. And I use Lavender and Secret Admirer oils to treat my princess after bath and wash her hair with Cleansing Conditioner only. And I wash my 6yo son's hair with it for about 2 years, love it much better than other natural washes I tried for him. As for me I use it since Christmas when it appeared on the site.
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Mine came today!!! Thank you so much, Karen! I could smell the cleaner when I opened the package and it smells lovely. I can't wait to mix up some in a spray bottle--I would love for you to carry this in full-size!
And I couldn't believe how bit the baby wash bottle was! That is a great value for the gumball. Thank you!

Ok...and now the cream shadow. I love it. *Love* it! The color is gorgeous, and I am still totally thrilled by the "cream shadow" option, since I'm a klutz and spill the powder ones all the time.
So I follow all that up to ask....if this becomes a permanent option, would it pretty-please be possible to get this in clear? I have so many gorgeous shadows for you that are no longer sold or were GWP and I'd love to have a way to mix them up into cream shadows. I would be cuckoo-for-cocoa puffs if this was available. :lol:
And is there any possibility of the cream shadow being an option for at least some of your more popular colors, rather than just having them as their own set of colors? So we could choose to get "Juiced" either as a powder or as a cream, for instance. Or would that be way way too much work? I don't want to create more work for you.

Thank you again, Karen! This was such a fun treat and I'm loving everything I got.