Acne-prone skin and serums

cclee00

Acne-prone skin and serums

Post by cclee00 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 pm

I have fallen completely in love with Silk Naturals! Luuuuurve the makeup! So I've been trying out some of the skincare in the last week. Faithfully using the eyelash gel (fingers crossed - it's only been a week), and I tried the BHA, AHA, Green Tea and Aloe serum, and the Hemp moisturizer. I like the serum and moisturizer, but I'm not really willing to sit around and wait for the BHA and AHA to soak in before applying other stuff, as I usually just quickly wash and treat my face and go to bed. Therefore, I figure I should try either the Super Serum or the Awesome Sauce, as I originally passed those up to try the acids.

I have combination oily skin that I think must be dehydrated somewhere in there (underneath or on top I don't know) that's pretty highly acne prone. I don't think it's necessarily caused by anything I put on my face; I don't think my skin's sensitive (too many years of trying different acne treatments). My main concerns are the constant, mostly minor, acne, and the scarring (and resulting redness) that I have and that continues to occasionally appear. I'm 19, so anti-aging isn't an issue yet. Which serum should I use? Anyone have any ideas?
JenW

Re: Acne-prone skin and serums

Post by JenW » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:49 pm

There really is not a serum that will replace what BHA and AHA do for the skin, but you can always try and reevaluate later. You should probably try Super Serum as I think you are still a little young for Awesome Sauce.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
frckls

Post by frckls » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:11 am

I think Super Serum will benefit you greatly if it doesn't cause any adverse reaction to your skin (which seems not really likely as your skin sounds as stubborn as mine).
My babysister's just your age and her skin cleared up after she finishes 1/2 bottle of Super Serum and the scars started to lighten after 3/4 bottle.

Good luck!
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:38 am

Wow, fast replies! :) Thank you guys so much! I will definitely be trying Super Serum!
frckls

Post by frckls » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:10 pm

Oh. I forgot to add. Oatmeal Serum. I think once you try it you won't ever look back.

My oily skin was a complete mess. After Oatmeal, I lost my old nickname from my sisters and mom: "oil-rig" (aren't they mean?) and looks happy and dewy.

My babysister, who's your age, has combination skin. Her skin was officially clinically diagnosed as "dehydrated" by a derm. After Oatmeal, her skin is luminous and happy.
sheera_greywolf

Post by sheera_greywolf » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:28 am

I'm seconding everyone for Super serum. That stuff is magic incarnates; it's just that good I'm addicted to it :D If only Karen sold this in gallons, I'd bathe in it.

In the matter of usage; regulating between BHA and super serum works fine for me. I only use BHA on the evening, and super serum in the morning under moisturizer. And yes, it help me tremendously with acne, scarring, marks, bumps, comedones, etc.

Ohhhh... Eyelash gel! Keep it on!! Sleep in it if necessary; my newfound eyelash fetish started AFTER I started using this....
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:00 pm

I have extremely sensitive, combination to oily skin (depending on weather) and I've had a lot of luck with the BHA toner followed with just the green tea/aloe serum. I sometimes use a little of the hemp moisturizer too, but I found that the serum alone is perfection....it's added so much moisture and regulated my oil production and it doesn't cause me to break out or clog my pores.
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]