Small bumps on my cleavage and upper arm

egerandi

Small bumps on my cleavage and upper arm

Post by egerandi » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm sure this was covered before, but couldn't find any reference, so here goes: I noticed lately (maybe because we just moved into a house with natural light in the bathroom), that my chest area (above the breasts) is showing signs of aging (looks dry and lined) and is covered with multitude of small bumps. Today, I noticed that my upper arms, the inner section mostly or the right arm, were covered too, but not as bad. They are not even noticeable in other light and can barely feel them, but they are there. They are not red, but slightly darker than my skin tone. I used to have really smooth skin up until now and it doesn't seem to affect my face or neck, just those two areas.

The only thing that changed in my diet is that I started eating honey again, only local and raw, to train my pollen allergy to get better (and it's really working, hardly taking my allergy pills any more). Oh, and it's been darned hot the past few weeks, and even though I try to be diligent about sunscreen, spots may have been missed (or not applied at all, sooooorrrry).

Any suggestions on what these may be and how make them go away? Thanks!
zooeyblue

Re: Small bumps on my cleavage and upper arm

Post by zooeyblue » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:30 pm

I've had the same problem throughout the summer. It seems to be aggravated by the heat (I'm in South Carolina!). I've also thought, at various times, that body wash and/or shampoo were issues, too, so I've tried to monitor those; every time I think I have it figured out, the bumps show up again! Using Super Serum consistently at night (after a layer or two of Green Tea & Aloe Serum) seems to work best for me. I also use a cleanser with salicylic acid in the AM. I also try to use BHA 1-3 times a week, PM.

I've noticed that as I get older, my skin is getting MORE sensitive--shoulders, etc., and legs! I've got my face pretty well balanced now, but the rest of me . . . . !!! :roll:
~Tracy~
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:50 pm

I think I have them same thing too. They look like goosebumps. I switched jobs recently and work in an area that is 20-30 degrees warmer and I take walks during the afternoon. I wonder if my body is not liking the heat and causing heat rashes (if thats what it is). I would love to know how to get rid of them too!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:47 pm

Yeah, the end of the summer was hotter than usual and our new place has no A/C, so I guess that adds up, that seems to be one of the common factors :)

I'm out of super serum, but I'll keep using the BHA daily (too much?) on my cleavage and shoulders. I don't use body wash or anything that irritates my skin in general. I have a black soap from somewhere that's supposed to be good for acne and a sample of neem soap, so maybe I'll try those too for a while. I started using Awesom Sauce on and under my neck, hope to reverse the lines a bit :)
nature

Post by nature » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:47 am

Hmmm... they sound like skin tags to me. The areas where you get them are prone to abrasion from clothing or other body parts. Sorry that they are bothering you. I would feel bothered too.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:25 pm

I've been turning this over in my brain for a few days- and my first guess was something like prickly heat or something like that. My other thought was could it be the water at your new place? When we moved my hair turned to straw, and my skin went nuts because the water here is so much harder than what I was used to.

Eventually we installed a shower filter,and that has made a HUGE difference.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:05 pm

karen wrote:I've been turning this over in my brain for a few days- and my first guess was something like prickly heat or something like that. My other thought was could it be the water at your new place? When we moved my hair turned to straw, and my skin went nuts because the water here is so much harder than what I was used to.

Yeah, the first time I touched the water here, it sucked the moisture out of my skin... you know what I mean. I kinda knew ahead of time, so I came armed with filters, both for shower and kitchen faucet, and it's been 1.5mos already. Dunno, I guess it is the heat that's doing that, I just want them gone :(
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 pm

I had a few bumbs similar to those you describe.
I use a daily douse of AHA over the area, and then dot BHA on the bumps themselves to bring them to the surface and exfoliate them. I follow this with a serum or moisturizer and zinc powder (if the skin sees the sun). An occasional green clay mask helps also.
It took a few weeks, but they are gone. This is good for the aging factor also.

BTW, I use locally produced bee pollen to control my allergies. It is very affective, loaded with nutrients, and does wonders for your skin over time - great stuff!
It comes in granules. I sprinkle 1/4tsp on my yogurt a few times per week. (test one under your tongue first!)
If you cannot get it at your local health food store, a regional bee keeper would certainly have it.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:50 pm

karen wrote:I've been turning this over in my brain for a few days- and my first guess was something like prickly heat or something like that. My other thought was could it be the water at your new place? When we moved my hair turned to straw, and my skin went nuts because the water here is so much harder than what I was used to.

Hmmmm . . . I've suspected the water before, especially when the water dept. here does its regular "maintenance" that results in super-strong chlorine smell in the shower! I'll have to try a filter to see if it helps. I still suspect heat is a factor,too--temps near 100 today. :(
~Tracy~
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:30 am

Maeva wrote:I had a few bumbs similar to those you describe.
I use a daily douse of AHA over the area, and then dot BHA on the bumps themselves to bring them to the surface and exfoliate them. I follow this with a serum or moisturizer and zinc powder (if the skin sees the sun). An occasional green clay mask helps also.
It took a few weeks, but they are gone. This is good for the aging factor also.

BTW, I use locally produced bee pollen to control my allergies. It is very affective, loaded with nutrients, and does wonders for your skin over time - great stuff!
It comes in granules. I sprinkle 1/4tsp on my yogurt a few times per week. (test one under your tongue first!)
If you cannot get it at your local health food store, a regional bee keeper would certainly have it.
Thanks for the routine, I'll give it a try!

I have started taking local bee pollen at the same time I started eating local raw honey again to control my allergies. I put it in my morning smoothies every day.