Hmmm...Fall. What would you like??

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Hmmm...Fall. What would you like??

Post by karen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:30 am

Fall is in the works- at least in the early stages. I've been plotting, ordering and puttering around, but haven't decided on a theme or the colors just yet.

What would you like to see?? We're looking at a release of just colors for the moment, and I've been studying the wishlist section.

Have at it! I can't guarantee what I'll be able to pull off, but it's helpful to know what's on your mind.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Cupcake

Re: Hmmm...Fall. What would you like??

Post by Cupcake » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:22 pm

I'd love a colour that's like a mix of Harris and Quiver, that soft not-too-warm brown with a rose undertone and golden shimmer. Loved that collection (suedes) for the tones and textures.

Would also love a moody, deep stormy ocean-like colour, dark base pigmented like a liner if possible with the blue-green thing happening in the fine shimmer (Fire-style iridescent would be awesome).

I'd also like to win the lottery and catch up on acquiring all the lovelies that I've missed this year but have laminated onto my "who needs rent and food money anyway" list. ;)
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Karen: I don`t know if this is even possible but a bird told me you like a chalenge, LOL! :P

CRAYON RED MATTE lipstick. (dupe for Julie Hewett color)
(possibly a stain but that is not my favourite as it makes my lips peel)

- no blue undertones, shimmer or gloss. Nothing that reflects the light.

Matte gives it a littlebit of extra class over it I think, and doesn`t make you overdone if you want a littlebit of shimmer on otherwise neutral eyes...

It is so hard to find a true red from all the reds.
Believe me, I have checked ALL SN`s reds, and thought one of the two I am mentioning could fit in?

Ever heard of Julie Hewett? She is an makeup artist and decided that working on the movie Pearl Harbor she didn`t have the right red lipstick to go with the makeup in the movie. So she made a collection of red lipsticks.
BUT... hey are 22 dollars a pop! Yeah, uhm.. noooo thanks :oops:

I have looked at two lipsticks in the Noir collection I would adore!!

One is called Rouge Noir. It is a true Crayon red / Movie star red - matte.
The other one is called Belle Noir. It is a bright summer red with coral undertones- matte.

I have almost used up a tube of Crimson and it turns more towards deep pink on my lips. Great for blotting etc. but it isn`t really true red on me.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:45 pm

I would love some more stains, like a red one :) I've been using the last drops of my (gasp) orginal Benetint, and I think it would be a universally flattering fall color for all.
BTW, I forget: can we use the stains as blushes?

A larger version of the Autumn Harvest Olive Oil Lotion would be welcome too, thanks for putting it back in stock!

I just read this in Allure:
"Treating the hair first with elm extract, which contains procyanidins—a flavonoid also found in cocoa, red wine, and apples—reduced surface damage and protein breakdown and increased hair strength. Procyanidins have been found to promote hair growth in cases of balding; they may also protect hair against oxidative stress from perming, sunlight, and aging, the study suggests. Treating the hair first with elm extract, which contains procyanidins—a flavonoid also found in cocoa, red wine, and apples—reduced surface damage and protein breakdown and increased hair strength. Procyanidins have been found to promote hair growth in cases of balding; they may also protect hair against oxidative stress from perming, sunlight, and aging, the study suggests. "

If that's true, I would love a hair product with that extract, maybe even slip it into the cleansing conditioners or the protein treatment or just create a leave-in?
Marion

Post by Marion » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:58 pm

I'd love eyeshadows with a strong duochrome effect, a red lipstain and a bright pink lipstain a little lighter than Gigi.
cait

Post by cait » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:12 pm

Definitely some more lip stains and ALG!

I'd really like some darker lip shades. Think MAC Film Noir or Media...and especially NARS Train Bleu. It just came out with the fall collection. It's stunning, but the formula really dried my lips out when I tried it! So...burgundies, deep reds, berries, and grape. I'm really itching for a sheer red grape color!

Maybe some more matte blushes? A dusty rose brown color or a cinnamon shade for fall? Brown toned, but not overly brown.
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:43 pm

I'd also love a red lipstain! :D
~Tracy~
18Angel

Post by 18Angel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:04 am

Lets see here...more suede finishes and ALGs would be awesome! Somehow I ended up with a sample size of Vegan Illuminating Powder which I love. Would be happy to see that in a full size. Oh and a deeper version of the Rosie blush. I am ghostly white, but for some reason blushes have a funny way of disappearing on me.

Also as a complete aside to the fall collection I would love to see the return of the MAC.

Thanks Karen! I know whatever you come up with will rock!
jandi

Post by jandi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:23 am

Second the request for a dusty brown rose matte blush.

Would also love to see a suede taupe, love that finish!
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:28 am

18Angel wrote:Lets see here...more suede finishes and ALGs would be awesome! Somehow I ended up with a sample size of Vegan Illuminating Powder which I love. Would be happy to see that in a full size. Oh and a deeper version of the Rosie blush. I am ghostly white, but for some reason blushes have a funny way of disappearing on me.

Also as a complete aside to the fall collection I would love to see the return of the MAC.

Thanks Karen! I know whatever you come up with will rock!
I think the Vegan Illuminating Powder was a GWP, or a MAC extra. I have it, and I love it, and I would be thrilled to see it in a full size. It works beautifully under my eyes.