Shimmer for custom mixes?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
Polychrome

Shimmer for custom mixes?

Post by Polychrome » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:44 am

Hi Karen!

How about if you would offer a limited set of shimmers to amp up matte eye shadows or lip glosses? It would be very fitting to the mix your own foundation theme.

I usually prefer matte or only slightly shimmery eye shadows and also lip glosses for every day use and I rather invest in those as full sizes. Also, with the cool/warm tone issues, some products have a nice base colour but the "wrong" shimmer tone. Also I sometimes use blushes or eyeshadow as lip colour.

Having the possibility to buy, say, individually silver, gold, bronze and ivory shimmers would make it possible to customize existing products for evening wear or individual mood.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Polychrome
mgmsrk

Re: Shimmer for custom mixes?

Post by mgmsrk » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:50 pm

I like that idea. They would make nice holiday makeup additions also.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
mariposa

Post by mariposa » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Ooh, I agree. I'm just ordering for the first time, but I'm thinking that would be a great idea! I love shimmers and glitters, and being able to customize with them would be fantastic!
mariposa

Post by mariposa » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:41 pm

on a similar note, it would be nice to have the shopping organized according to matte, shimmer, and glitter too. It might be a pain, but it would be cool to be able to sort the existing eye shadows into those three categories so that if I'm looking for only glitter shadows, for instance, I can filter down to look at only those ones instead of having to sift through everything to find the right tone and right sparkle! Just a thought. This isn't really a wish for new colors, just a website enhancement that would allow sorting by sparkle and color instead of through links... I hope I'm making sense.