Gumball Hair Stuff....

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Gumball Hair Stuff....

Post by karen » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:54 am

I never in a million years would have imagined that the gumballs would have sold as quickly as they did- so thank you for that! If you like them we'll probably add them to the site pretty soonish.

The reason I gumballed them was for testing, so that we can get some good information on the site to make sure you're getting a product that will really work for you, and getting good instructions so that when you use them, you're getting the best results.

I've been using the Make Waves for a while, and the directions on the bottle are pretty much the way I use it- but it's a YMMV situation.

So, if you got the gumballs, your feedback would be immensely helpful!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Re: Gumball Hair Stuff....

Post by egerandi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 pm

I haven't washed my hair since I got the package last night, but I'm looking forward trying the volumizer :) Reading your mom's description of the other one I'm bummed I didn't grab one. I figured, my hair will never ever ever hold the wave... but maybe I was wrong, and I'll be sure to check it out if it comes back :) I'll report back on the volumizer soon!
karilou

Post by karilou » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

As soon as my package arrives, I will try them and let you know. I have used quite a few different curl enchancing and volumnizing products so I have something to reference.
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:54 pm

I used the Volumizer this morning. I have a lot of hair, it's fine-textured, but tons of it. My hair is bobbed, so I like to have lots of volume. My custom is to clip it in several sections and blow it out using a high-wattage hot air brush (I'm not coordinated enough to use a blow dryer and a round brush.) I think it's a Hot Tools 1000 watt with a gold barrel. This is the last thing I do before getting dressed, after applying makeup. I live in Fort Worth, Texas, so often we have high humidity. Today was one of those mornings- and it was even raining a little bit.

So, I applied a very small amount of the gel on my damp hair and clipped it in sections. I styled it with the round brush and was very happy with the way it looked this morning. It even survived my haul to work and walking from the car in the damp. Usually my hair is hanging in limp strings in this sort of weather, but not today!

Will repurchase when it becomes a permanent item!
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:57 pm

As an aside, my favorite volumizer is not strictly a volumizer. It's Redken's Spray Starch. It's a godsend for heat-styled hair on a rainy day. I had great hair for a wedding in the pouring down rain with that stuff.

This Volumizing Gel produced similar results!
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 pm

I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I get my hands on them. I am especially interested in the curling gel.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:29 pm

[quote="royalgoddessbeth"]I used the Volumizer this morning. I have a lot of hair, it's fine-textured, but tons of it. My hair is bobbed, so I like to have lots of volume. My custom is to clip it in several sections and blow it out using a high-wattage hot air brush (I'm not coordinated enough to use a blow dryer and a round brush.) I think it's a Hot Tools 1000 watt with a gold barrel. This is the last thing I do before getting dressed, after applying makeup. I live in Fort Worth, Texas, so often we have high humidity. Today was one of those mornings- and it was even raining a little bit.

So, I applied a very small amount of the gel on my damp hair and clipped it in sections. I styled it with the round brush and was very happy with the way it looked this morning. It even survived my haul to work and walking from the car in the damp. Usually my hair is hanging in limp strings in this sort of weather, but not today!

Will repurchase when it becomes a permanent item![/quote[]

Hi neighbor. I live in North Texas too.
lj*

Post by lj* » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 pm

I tried the wave gel tonight just so I can post something (figured I lurked long enough, the least I could do is provide feedback). It does not have a scent. I really like the formula in that it is smooth and creamy, not sticky at all. It was easy to scrunch into my hair. I have really straight hair so I'm not expecting much. It did wave a little. I have a in the past (long time ago) scrunched my hair with leave in conditioner to create some waves and this provided the same results without making my hair crunchy. It was easier to apply and my hair was still soft. I will try this tomorrow morning so that I can provide more feedback how my hair looks through a normal day. I have not tried the volumizing gel yet and will give some info after I do.
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:40 pm

I will be getting the wavy hair gel in the next couple of days. I'll maybe give it a go this Sunday when I don't have to leave the house. My hair is a little too short for it to look nice wavy right now. I have hair that dries straight that I can scrunch into halfway decent curls/wave. I'm curious to see how this gel works. I can't wait for my hair to grow out again because I'm already tired of being attached to my straightening iron ALL the time.
Angie

Post by Angie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:18 am

I'm not expecting to receive my package so soon, but will definitely post feedback/review if it's in time before the launch.