Transparent Covers for Eyeshadow Jars

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
eventide

Transparent Covers for Eyeshadow Jars

Post by eventide » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 pm

I've just arranged my mineral eyeshadow collection (70% of them are SN ones!) in a plastic tray. It's a mix of transparent covers and the black opaque ones with white stickers from SN.

I was just wondering how feasible it'd be for SN to have transparent covers as well (and for the white label to go on the bottom). It'd make it so much easier for me to arrange my eyeshadow jar collection and make it so much more convenient to choose from the jars if I can tell the colours at a glance, especially when I'm rushing with the makeup to get to work!
freesilk

Re: Transparent Covers for Eyeshadow Jars

Post by freesilk » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:01 pm

I've often thought the same thing! Thanks for making this post. I just end up keeping all of my eyeshadows upside down so I can quickly pick the one I want, but I can't stand the side effect of doing that (having all the extra loose powder on top of the sifter).
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:43 pm

I know this has been brought up in the past, and I know this is the wishlist, afterall. However, I am pretty certain there will not be a packaging change in the near future. For as many that want clear jars, there are as many if not more that want the packaging to stay the same. There are lots that prefer the labels on top.

Some suggestions......You can always purchase clear jars and transfer them yourself. To open a sifter jar it takes a steady hand and something to pry the sifter off like a thin butter knife. I recommend working over clean wax paper, and then if you spill, you can recover the spilled powder. I also recommend sanitizing any container you might want to use with 90% alcohol and allow to completely air dry. For labels, you could really have fun designing them.

This is my experience with the all clear jars......I had a bunch of the clear jars that I used for my eyeshadow collection before I found SN. I felt the threads in the lids did not seem to fit as well and the lids would losen up more quickly making more of a powder mess. I think it is just a slight difference in the material that makes the difference in how they fit together, as I think the black lids are a slightly different material than the clear bases and lids. Also, the clear jars got scuffed up and looked less pristine than the black lidded ones after several months of use. The black material does not scuff up as easily, or at least it is less noticeable.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:49 pm

freesilk wrote:I've often thought the same thing! Thanks for making this post. I just end up keeping all of my eyeshadows upside down so I can quickly pick the one I want, but I can't stand the side effect of doing that (having all the extra loose powder on top of the sifter).
I store my eye shadows upside down as well. To keep from a lot of extra powder from falling into the lid, I use small cotton balls. I just stick them between the sifter and the lid, and they fit almost perfectly for the 5g jars (sometimes I'll have to tear off a small piece). Tearing them in half makes them perfect for the 3g jars.

HTH
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:48 pm

freesilk wrote:I've often thought the same thing! Thanks for making this post. I just end up keeping all of my eyeshadows upside down so I can quickly pick the one I want, but I can't stand the side effect of doing that (having all the extra loose powder on top of the sifter).
i store mine sideways, and it works pretty well.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:12 am

Perhaps packs of clear lids could be sold on the site?