We're open again!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

We're open again!

Post by karen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Phew! We made the big move up the street, and I'd really like to thank you all for the kind words, and your enormous patience while we were closed for the week. Today was our first day shipping, and all in all it went pretty well. There are a few orders that are holding, but everything should be out by tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be caught-up on most of the emails as well.

Moving to a new space is always kind of strange- good, but there's always that period of adjustment. Our new studio is roughly twice the size as the old space, and it's taking a bit of getting used to. We're all pretty beat after today- there's just so much more walking involved! Even talking to each other is weird because we can't just talk anymore....we have to actually walk over to someone to talk to them because we'd go hoarse from screaming all day. We also redesigned the shipping area, and that's taking a little getting used to too.

I know there are several of you who are chomping at the bit for the sale...that will probably happen either next week or the week after. Right now it's looking like there's just a handful of unique items to sell. There's 2 brush styles that didn't make it to the site (for no great reason), and then we have a pile of gumball things. I think this time we're going to do it "grab bag" style, so it's a little easier for everyone.

I'll announce it a few days in advance..and we'll do 2 installments 12 hours apart so that everyone gets a chance to grab some neat stuff!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
nfig

Re: We're open again!

Post by nfig » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi Karen! So glad the move went well and that you are all getting adjusted to the new space!
StargirlDi

Post by StargirlDi » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:17 pm

Congrats on the move! Hope everything went smoothly.
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:36 pm

Congratulations on surviving the move! Enjoy your new space!
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:36 am

Yay, glad the move went well, and hope that the teething problems are sorted soon :) Grab bags sound AWESOME!!!!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Sounds good, can't wait to grab :) Glad to hear the move went well!
curlychik

Post by curlychik » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:18 pm

So glad that the move went smoothly - congrats on the new space! We are in the process of moving too, we've had a bit of overlap between closing and the end of our lease, so we've been in the process of moving for like 6 weeks :o I am SO over it. Can't wait to peruse the new stuff tho, I think I need a lil pick me up.
SouthernGal

Post by SouthernGal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Yay! :)
Aden

Post by Aden » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:41 pm

Congrats on finishing the move! I certainly know how stressful, exhausting and draining a move can be, as I'm in the middle of an international move (from Japan back to Australia) at the moment. All the best settling into the new place, the initial strangeness and teething problems will all be worth it I'm sure! (That's what i keep telling myself anyway) :)
Phyrra

Post by Phyrra » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Yay! Gratz on the movie ;)
Phyrra.net