Creamy concealers

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Xarata

Re: Creamy concealers

Post by Xarata » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:24 am

upon further use, i've found that my samples warm up fine and i'm quite fond of them. extra light peach is too light for me so i still vote light peach... and a yellow :)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:38 am

I'm still waiting for my order. Can't wait to try them. I have really dark purplish blue circles under my eyes that I can't stand. The only time they disappear without being covered is when my eyes puff up from allergies.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
heavenlyfox

Post by heavenlyfox » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:33 pm

I absolutely LOVE this concealer... again as stated above, it works best when slightly warmed up by my finger and patted on... but i received the medium which is slightly too dark for me... I usually use the light peach which works perfectly on my under eye circles and would hands down buy a light peach and yellow creamy concealer!!!! :)
packgal

Post by packgal » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:59 pm

at first i didn't like my creamy concealer too much, but it has grown on me. i still feel like a waste a lot of products by warming it up between my fingers though.
with the regular sleep in a jar, light peach is a perfect match; in the creamy formula, light peach is too light, so i've been using the medium with good results.
Dr Kate

Post by Dr Kate » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 pm

I love this stuff. I really want a full size Light Peach, it's fantastic.
SouthernGal

Post by SouthernGal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm kind of on the fence about these. I really want to love them, but they don't provide quite the coverage that I was hoping for and then tend to "pill up" on me. I'm not sure why. :? That being said, they are a lot better than anything else that I've come across. Maybe I'm just too picky. :roll:
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Even though I am super fair, the medium peach works the best for my under eye circles. It takes the tiniest amount and lasts well all day for me. I am hoping these come soon!
~Tracy~
JannyGirl

Post by JannyGirl » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Wondering if this is available on the site yet? If so, where? TIA! :)
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:25 am

nope- not yet and my samples are all gone :( I really love them. My guess is either:

A)they're just not quite as perfect as Karen would like for sale though i'm hooked

B)with the moving,etc. they haven't been able to mix and package them and/or decide on a final color range just yet.

C)there could be ingredients issues, i don't know what kind of waxes were used in the test batch, but if you release something, you want to be sure you don't have to reformulate it a few months down the road.

D) I'm not sure how long the current version has existed (my guess would be not terribly long because i have a different/softer version of it that i used for my wedding in august) and if I were formulating, I'd want to see how it deals with summer heat- is the texture going to change considerably, will it travel well, etc.

It could be any, all, or none of those reasons, but i agree that i'm itching for a pod of it. I have an old UGG buttercup cream concealer that i absolutely love, but sooner or later the oils will go off or i'll run out of it and i would like to minimize the tragedy of that as much as possible.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:32 am

I hope these will be up for sale soon. They sound like just what I am looking for.