Creamy concealers

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Ladybug914

Re: Creamy concealers

Post by Ladybug914 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:07 pm

Xarata wrote:i think it might warm up better when you have a bigger flatter surface to swirl on. just a thought- these were sample sizes though so it was hard to build up friction on the surface.
I tried again today, and I agree. I did like it better today, but I am still not entirely sure about it. What I was able to get on my under eye area did seem to be sitting nicer than the powder (and I really do like the powder version, too), but getting it evenly applied was a bit of a challenge.
scapegrace

Post by scapegrace » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:08 pm

When I first opened my package I was surprised how hard it was too!

This morning I just rubbed my finger around on the surface to warm it up and patted it on a spot and it's still going strong! :)

I would definitely buy a FS when available.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:16 pm

I don't mind how hard it is, I can soften it with the heat from my finger. One thing though, the light peach cream seems a bit lighter than the powder. Also, can we get this in green too? Right now, I pat this on the redness, then pat some Unblush and then the foundation - we could skip a step :D
lambchop

Post by lambchop » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:23 pm

I'd buy a full-size of this (Extra Light Peach) without hesitation. It was a chilly morning and even after sitting on a cold counter, it only took a little bit of finger swirling to warm up. I used gentle patting to apply it under my eyes and dabbed it elsewhere. I'm writing this ten hours after application and my eyes still look swell. Thanks Karen. :)
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:33 pm

I am use to warming concealers up with my finger, for some reason i buy tough ones alot. Like Benefit's Boi-ing (which I actually don't recommend, it lasts for about 30 mins). Anyway, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think extra light is too light for me. So I'm going to buy the Light when the FS is realized.
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:11 pm

I used my finger, too, and it "melted" nicely. The light peach seemed to work best. Great staying power! I'd also like to see a version that is more yellow. I loved Stila's "eye concealer" in shade b. It had enough yellow to banish my undereye circles. It was discontinued, of course! (I still have some, if a dupe is a consideration! I'd be willing to part with it.) :D

I would definitely buy this in full size.
~Tracy~
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Hoyden wrote:I have a suggestion that works well with the indelible cream eye shadows that I use. Before I apply it, I stuff the container in my bra or my waistband to warm it up a bit to get it to go on easier.

Works like a charm.
I do that with chap stick but never thought to try it with concealers! So I tucked the sample pods in my bra while playing with the new eyeshadows...then got so distracted by the pretty colors that I forgot all about it 'til I was putting on my pjs! Took me a minute to figure out why make up pods were falling out of my bra! :lol:

I tested them today though, very nice Karen! It easily softens with a little warmth and I really like how they aren't overly creamy. I have problems with eye stinging after a few hours with some primers and concealers...they seem to melt and run into my eyes. But these haven't so far. I thought I'd wear the extra light, but oddly enough it's a bit too pale I think. So I'd buy a FS of the light peach, and would be interested in trying one in green and/or yellow!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:59 pm

I don't really use undereye concealers (I don't get particularly bad dark circles, and anything I put on the ones I have seem to make them worse, lol) but I would definitely buy a fullsize extra light peach as a general concealer, it is awesome :) I don't mind the solid texture, I just rub in circles until I get enough on my finger and then pat onto the area I am concealing. It is summer here though, so that might make a difference.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
StargirlDi

Post by StargirlDi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:07 pm

I'm pretty fair, but I really like the medium peach concealer, because it covers the blueness under my eyes well. It works nearly as well as my Makeup Forever concealer, which is slightly creamier. For the difference in price, though, I'd buy SN!
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:24 am

I have been getting more adept at patting it on, and I am definitely liking it a lot more and more. I am going to be bummed when my sample is gone.