If you could redecorate one room in your home right now...

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
stagemama

Re: If you could redecorate one room in your home right now...

Post by stagemama » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm working on the kitchen right now. A couple of weeks ago I bought a vintage kitchen dinette set. That started the re-do. the table has a green top, so I picked a nice jadite green and painted my cupboards. I checked the layers and I added layer 7. They've been red, white, yellow, blue, brown, pink?, and now the pretty green. Over the weekend I went to a church sale and found a 50's metal corner shelf unit to sit on the counter. Just what I wanted in a pretty yellow, with chrome edging, and the best part, it was $2.00. It still has the Sears and Roebuck lable on the back. I no longer have upper cupboards, just base ones.
Not counting my dinette set, I've spent $17.00 and love the new look.
Karen approved the new 50's look.
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 pm

My bedroom, it is the only room that we haven't redone, and it still needs the windows framed out, etc. My curtain is a piece of heavy denim that is tacked up at the windows. Hopefully this summer!!!
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:47 pm

stagemama wrote:I'm working on the kitchen right now. A couple of weeks ago I bought a vintage kitchen dinette set. That started the re-do. the table has a green top, so I picked a nice jadite green and painted my cupboards. I checked the layers and I added layer 7. They've been red, white, yellow, blue, brown, pink?, and now the pretty green. Over the weekend I went to a church sale and found a 50's metal corner shelf unit to sit on the counter. Just what I wanted in a pretty yellow, with chrome edging, and the best part, it was $2.00. It still has the Sears and Roebuck lable on the back. I no longer have upper cupboards, just base ones.
Not counting my dinette set, I've spent $17.00 and love the new look.
Karen approved the new 50's look.
Sounds cool, and what a bargain!
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:23 am

Right now we are actually house hunting. We have an appointment to see one tomorrow that I am hoping will be the one. We just need a bigger house. Well need/want whatever. :D If we don't find a house we like we will probably do a garage conversion and build a detached garage. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that the house we look at tomorrow will be great. It looks lovely from the outside. It even has a guest cottage.