It made my day...

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
superwahz

Re: It made my day...

Post by superwahz » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Reading a pile of text messages from my brother detailing his latest crazy scheme made my day. He makes me laugh harder than any comedy routine I've ever seen... :lol:
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
MsRaquel

Post by MsRaquel » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:29 pm

What made my day was seeing Anderson Cooper reporting from Haiti. While he was showing how a lot of looting was going on in a certain part of Port-au-Prince, a boy was badly hit on the head by looters who threw a piece of concrete at him from a roof. He saw him stunned and bleeding and without hesitation picked him up to get him to safety and where he could be helped. AC is my hero... :mrgreen: (and I think he's cute too! ;) ).
WendyD

Post by WendyD » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:51 pm

I already posted as well, but I love this thread :)

Yesterday, I woke up really early to make breakfast (pancakes and eggs) for my friend - I even stole their key so I wouldn't wake them up when I slipped in. Well today, my friend decided to return the favour by making me breakfast in bed! I awoke to a huge pile of scrambled egg on whole wheat toast :mrgreen: It wasn't a surprise since I had given him my key, but it was still super nice of him - He HATES getting up in the morning, especially since he has trouble sleeping at night. I didn't think we would come THAT early; I thought I was hearing my roommate getting ready for class.
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 pm

I already posted but I have to post again. I was happy today when the news reported that 2 little kids and a 24 year old woman were pulled from the rumble 7 days after the quake.

I also cried my eyes out when I heard that. From happiness? Sadness? I don't know.
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 pm

This thread has made my day, and every person posting has made my day. Its so nice to see so many wonderful people get together to help :D
Knowing I'm blessed
Having such great coworkers and laughing till we're about to burst
My cat meowing endlessly until I took the time to greet him properly.
My husband...but he always makes my day ;)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:35 pm

I posted too, but it was a sheer delight to see the SN mystery club package in amongst the bills today :)

Silly, but sometimes it's the little things....
jandi

Post by jandi » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Almost missed this! thanks Frond for pointing me here :)

What made my day
- finally getting the bug in my code @ work
- the excitement of looking for furniture for our future new place (as daunting as this move is turning to be)
birgih05

Post by birgih05 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 pm

It made my day

- to read this thread
- to have a nice dinner with my great family
- that my hubby came home with a smile on his face
- thinking about all my friends
- that my grandma still calls my "angel" when I talk to her on the phone

All in all a wonderful day. My warmest thoughts go out to everyone not so lucky... Great of SN to do this!
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:20 am

It made my day...

that my son won his spelling bee. The look on his face when he showed me his trophy just warmed my heart. ;)
that the weather is lovely and we are spending the day at the beach.
that even though it was a small amount, we were able to donate to the Red Cross.

I know I already posted, but I love this thread! When I am down about something I come here and read all the posts and it reminds me that I am pretty lucky to have what I have and things could always be a lot worse.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:18 am

My sweet puppy dogs made my day, wagging their little tails and giving me kisses, awwww..... I love being greeted by them!
It also made my day to see this thread, Karen you are so sweet to help out in this tragedy.
And finally, this didn't happen today, but it totally made my day that my mom is buying the house at the end of my street, yay!!!! (how my husband feels about this is a whole other story though, LOL)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com