What are we missing?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
MyLavenderHeart

Re: What are we missing?

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Tue May 04, 2010 4:09 pm

Oxana124 wrote:
Huge jars are very convenient to me too because I love to mix. My fave one is the one Meow carries, it is nice and big, but also sturdy and good quality. It would be great if SN got some jars like that :)
You just made me veeeeeery happy Oxana! I kind of felt all allone on the big-jar-wishing-thingy, now I know it is at least one person here that also likes BIIIIIG jars, lolol :lol:

And I see Meow ships internationally also, so I can try there.
But it would be fun to hear what Karen thought of this idea though... ;)
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Tue May 04, 2010 5:23 pm

i like jumbo jars. dreamworld used to use them too, but she kinda got in over her head imo.

I like the jumbo jars i have from both dreamworld(hecate, made for me-matches me in summer) and meow(sleek korat-matches me in winter) and would probably use one for SN too, though i must say that in SN in particular, my foundation seems to need tweaked pretty frequently and the one mix i have that is perfect was some insane mix of like ebony(too cool, turns dull on me), warm(turns orange on me), buttery(too warm for me), olive(close but "off", not quite close enough to neutral), and lavender(used to tweak the turning orange, too warm effect i get). I can't even imagine trying to mix 3oz of SN foundation perfectly.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Tue May 04, 2010 5:49 pm

Xarata wrote:i like jumbo jars. dreamworld used to use them too, but she kinda got in over her head imo.

I like the jumbo jars i have from both dreamworld(hecate, made for me-matches me in summer) and meow(sleek korat-matches me in winter) and would probably use one for SN too, though i must say that in SN in particular, my foundation seems to need tweaked pretty frequently and the one mix i have that is perfect was some insane mix of like ebony(too cool, turns dull on me), warm(turns orange on me), buttery(too warm for me), olive(close but "off", not quite close enough to neutral), and lavender(used to tweak the turning orange, too warm effect i get). I can't even imagine trying to mix 3oz of SN foundation perfectly.
Hey, you like`m to? Cool, starting to feel less and less silly for wanting BIG jars... :D :lol:

I guess I am lucky when it comes to foundation mixing, I have found the perfect formula for me for my winter foundation, now I just have to get a liiittlebit color in summer to see what I should mix up for my summercolor, but leaning towards warm gold.

Jumbo jars...I want them...le sigh... :oops: :D
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Tue May 04, 2010 5:57 pm

I love jumbo jars too, because both my foundation and finishing powder are blends of more ingredients than most people add (sounds pretty similar to Xarata's blend actually!). I got some large jars from Studio Direct Cosmetics (along with eyeshadow sized ones for samples) and love them, but would probably buy a few if SN started carrying them! The small jars are great for traveling, but I tend to poke holes in baggies so jars are nice to have and visually look cooler than baggies when stacked ;) .
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Tue May 04, 2010 6:44 pm

superwahz wrote:I love jumbo jars too, because both my foundation and finishing powder are blends of more ingredients than most people add (sounds pretty similar to Xarata's blend actually!). I got some large jars from Studio Direct Cosmetics (along with eyeshadow sized ones for samples) and love them, but would probably buy a few if SN started carrying them! The small jars are great for traveling, but I tend to poke holes in baggies so jars are nice to have and visually look cooler than baggies when stacked ;) .
Hey, now we actually are a few that would like them, cool! :D

I think it would be super practical, so hopefully, mayby someday Karen will read this ;) :D
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Tue May 04, 2010 7:12 pm

If it's for mixing, there are easier ways. I have a cylindrical plastic tub (about the size of a coke can) that was the container for black peppercorns. Any clean jar with a tight fitting lid or a screw top lid would do. I throw in the mix for my foundation blend and shake that thing like a maraca! Then just decant into the regular small-ish jars for portability. No need to buy in bigger jars (unless it's for the sake of having something with matching labels for display purposes). There's bound to be something in the kitchen that is capacious enough to mix giant batches of blends.
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Wed May 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Cupcake wrote:If it's for mixing, there are easier ways. I have a cylindrical plastic tub (about the size of a coke can) that was the container for black peppercorns. Any clean jar with a tight fitting lid or a screw top lid would do. I throw in the mix for my foundation blend and shake that thing like a maraca! Then just decant into the regular small-ish jars for portability. No need to buy in bigger jars (unless it's for the sake of having something with matching labels for display purposes). There's bound to be something in the kitchen that is capacious enough to mix giant batches of blends.
Nope, don`t want them for mixing, I have tons of things in my kitchen I can use for that, but thanks anyway ;)

As I wrote on previous page I want it because I want to have one big jar to have the mix in and take with me etc, so I mix a larger quantity for example customized finishingpowder consisting of three different things blended into one jar and can have that mix in one jar big enough to hold all the mix instead of the mix divided into four smaller jars. So many jars drives me crazy. I try to cut down from jars and bags everywhere, it is space consuming and messy, so I`ll rather have one for foundation, one for primer and one for finishingpowder that will last me for a long time instead of jars everywhere with half of that and some of this and whatever that`s leftover of what I couldn`t fit into the other jar etc... ;)

I know others prefer a lot of small jars for this and that, and I have in the past too! But now that I have using mineralmakeup for many years I am so tired of it that I want to cut down on the space used and really want big jars to cut down on the clutter. I don`t have much space either so to have three big jars to have in my drawer would be SO much more convenient, for me anyway :D

CraZkCfish

Post by CraZkCfish » Wed May 19, 2010 1:45 am

There's been lots of talk about opaque cream concealer - I absolutely agree with this wish! Though instead of yellow-based, I suggest peach/salmon-based. That seems to work much better on undereye circles than a lot of people expect! (as I'm sure you know, Karen, with all the peach sleep in a jar! :D)

I just wanna say, thank you so much for all your hard work. We really appreciate it!!
ega

Post by ega » Wed May 19, 2010 1:58 am

CraZkCfish wrote:There's been lots of talk about opaque cream concealer - I absolutely agree with this wish! Though instead of yellow-based, I suggest peach/salmon-based.
But these are already available :)

Extra Light Peach Creamy Undereye Concealer: http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/produ ... ts_id=1086
Light Peach Creamy Concealer: http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/produ ... ts_id=1087
Medium Peach Creamy Concealer: http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/produ ... ts_id=1088
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Tue May 25, 2010 9:14 am

ega wrote:
CraZkCfish wrote:There's been lots of talk about opaque cream concealer - I absolutely agree with this wish! Though instead of yellow-based, I suggest peach/salmon-based.
But these are already available :)

Extra Light Peach Creamy Undereye Concealer: http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/produ ... ts_id=1086
Light Peach Creamy Concealer: http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/produ ... ts_id=1087
Medium Peach Creamy Concealer: http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/produ ... ts_id=1088
What category are they under on the website? I was sure it was available, but couldn't find it, so I came here to see if I lost my mind or something and sure enough, I found a post.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair