FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
krenee

Re: FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post by krenee » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:10 am

Wow, Jen, I have been busy lately and haven't been posting much (we were out of town and then my dad had surgery - among other things) but I guess I haven't been here much lately and I missed this photo, apparently. I just wanted to say you look great - I love it! My favorite look of yours so far, I think. :)
You have me wanting to buy Poly, Highbeam, Cabana, and Poppy now. :)
K
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Thank you, K. It was lots of fun.

Did you see the new contest info? Thinking of posting a pic? ;)
I will probably post one to get things started. I am going to do a blue eye, I think!!!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
krenee

Post by krenee » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:28 pm

Hi Jen,
I missed the new contest info (told you I am out of the loop these days) - I don't know if I will post or not though - I am kind of shy about that kind of stuff! But we'll see.
I am sure you can do blue! I am not much for blue and green on myself but I try it every once in a while just to "see". I have been super lazy this week though and I am barely doing any makeup. I am sure my co workers and other people in general are wondering what my problem is! (ha ha)
Karmen
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:57 pm

Check this thread.
http://www.silknaturals.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=3&t=184

Karen is doing a "FOTD Fridays" for a while this summer. If you post a pic wearing somthing a little outside your norm, you get a free eyeshadow in your next purchase.
Faves-
mgmsrk

First FOTD

Post by mgmsrk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Ok my first photo of the day, I just received my first order.

Out of the shower, moisturized and primer.

With foundation only 17 white 1 ebony and 2 scoops of a 7 w to 1 warm gold mix. I think I need to go a little lighter but we will see in the next few days. It is still quite a bit darker than my neck but of course the white on its own is about the color of my neck.

With perfecting powder and a little date bait for glow.

On the eyes opal as highlighter wink wink on lids and brimstone as eyeliner and crease.

I used some of the sample of fearless I was sent but toned it down with a nude lipstick as it was to bright for me.

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:05 pm

Hello mgmsrk!

I always love when I can put a face to a 'name'. I must say you have lovely skin with out the makeup. The foundation looks good in pics, but I know exactly what you mean about needing to change it after a few days when trying something new. Luckily, we can do that with this foundation. I find myself tweaking every so often. I have a summer foundation mix, and one for winter, and at least one in between.

I like how you adapted the lippie to fit your look. I know how bright that one is, but you have made it work. Also, nice combo on the eyeshadow.

Thanks so much for posting!
Faves-
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:45 pm

Thank you, that’s very nice of you to say.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:50 pm

She's just telling the truth :)

You do look very pretty. Hair seems a bit severe, but that's down to personal tastes, I know. You have beautiful, beautiful skin and eyes, though. I hope you'll have fun over here - it's one of the few places that didn't leave us pale folks out in the cold for colours!
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:32 pm

Rhys, that’s funny I didn’t not even think about my hair, that is my pulled back with a clip and a hair band while doing my makeup look. I’ll take a photo before I wash up with my hair down. Warning I am about a month over due for having it cut. :roll:

Thank you for the compliments and you are correct about finally having a foundation that actually is FAIR.

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:11 pm

Okay, that makes sense, I have a horrible headband, too and am way overdue for a haircut - and yes, play around with the foundation a bit - I keep lots of extra white on hand, too. I'm 16 white to 1 ebony, so also definitely on the pale side, and when I put on makeup, my face is darker than my neck.

But like you - if I wanted a match, I'd just use a bag of white and maybe a half scoop of ebony. Most cosmeticians and makeup artists recommend going a bit lighter to match your neck, but that's for people with some colour - when the palest department store shade is eight shades too dark for you, I do think it's okay to go a little darker on your face than your neck is. You don't want to be six shades off, but a little colour in the face saves you from those 'are you ill, dear?' concerned questions, even when you're feeling perfectly okay.

That's the other nice thing about the original foundation - it's sheer enough so that unless you really mess up the colour, it won't cake on you if you are ghostly pale to start with.