Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
JenW

Re: Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Post by JenW » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:25 am

Jen-
I am guessing Warm Gold will be about the best. The only thing that makes me waver is that you mentioned that NC25 is too yellow.....

1 scoop Warm Gold:about 12 Ivory. If that mix is too yellow, try Olive at about 1:16
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
allzre

Post by allzre » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi, I was just wondering if you can help me with my undertones please? I'm looking into ordering a sample kit, if you have some 'recipe' suggestions, it would be fantastic!

(I know it doesn't belong here but I'm also kind of lost in terms of blushes so I would be grateful for any suggestions as well).

Thanks you!

I've found a few pictures when I'm not wearing any foundation (or just a tinted moisturiser) and which are taken under direct sunlight..

JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:19 am

allzre-

I think you will be Warm Gold or Olive, too. Just a bit darker than the previous. 1 scoop Warm Gold : about 10 Ivory, or Olive in a 1:14. Again.....if the Warm Gold is too yellow, try Olive.
Faves-
allzre

Post by allzre » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 am

JenW wrote:allzre-

I think you will be Warm Gold or Olive, too. Just a bit darker than the previous. 1 scoop Warm Gold : about 10 Ivory, or Olive in a 1:14. Again.....if the Warm Gold is too yellow, try Olive.

Thanks a lot, I've just ordered the sample kit so will give both a try.
AgnesONutter

Post by AgnesONutter » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:02 am

I have one question, that might be kind of silly, but after mixing and mixing some more I came to the surprising conclusion that 1 scoop of everything (including peach) plus an extra scoop of Buttery Gold to 40 scoops of white is my match, a colour just right between EDM Golden Fair and Sandy Fair. Before starting experimenting with what little I have left of white base, do you think there is a simpler shortcut to the same base colour? Like 2 Buttery Gold, 1 Peach and 20-25 scoops of white?
shan26

Post by shan26 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi!
Ive been a customer for awhile and am ashamed to say I don't think I have found my shade match. I notice that my face looked gray-ish in spots. I blended buttery gold and warm gold along with the heavy coverage (I know I used more buttery than warm but I can't recall how much). I need to reorder and think I will switch to medium coverage but not sure what shades I should really be using/mixing. I don't have much experience with minerals but I can tell you my shades from other brands: Armani LSF 6.5, MAC C4, Nars Sante Fe in winter but St Tropez in summer, I have tried samples of EDM that kind of worked (Golden Med. and Intensive Tan). Any help / suggestions is really appreciated.
Hugs, Shan
Attachments
Oct 08
Oct 08
shan26.jpg (21.77 KiB) Viewed 18574 times
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:36 pm

AgnesONutter wrote:I have one question, that might be kind of silly, but after mixing and mixing some more I came to the surprising conclusion that 1 scoop of everything (including peach) plus an extra scoop of Buttery Gold to 40 scoops of white is my match, a colour just right between EDM Golden Fair and Sandy Fair. Before starting experimenting with what little I have left of white base, do you think there is a simpler shortcut to the same base colour? Like 2 Buttery Gold, 1 Peach and 20-25 scoops of white?
That might work........however, make sure you test in all lights. I think the Peach runs pretty dark so you might need a few more scoops Ivory......I almost wonder if you would be better off with Peach and Yellow Color Booster......
Faves-
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:40 pm

shan26 wrote:Hi!
Ive been a customer for awhile and am ashamed to say I don't think I have found my shade match. I notice that my face looked gray-ish in spots. I blended buttery gold and warm gold along with the heavy coverage (I know I used more buttery than warm but I can't recall how much). I need to reorder and think I will switch to medium coverage but not sure what shades I should really be using/mixing. I don't have much experience with minerals but I can tell you my shades from other brands: Armani LSF 6.5, MAC C4, Nars Sante Fe in winter but St Tropez in summer, I have tried samples of EDM that kind of worked (Golden Med. and Intensive Tan). Any help / suggestions is really appreciated.
Hugs, Shan
Hi Shan,
Heavy Coverage is a tough place to start mixing bacause you need to be so exact. Medium will be easier to get a match initially (Original is the easiest), and then you take the formula and remove a few Ivorys when going to Heavy Coverage.

I am betting Buttery Gold will work the best, but if a blend of Buttery and Warm is better, go for it (Maybe 1:1). I am thinking you will fall around 1 scoop color to about 4-5 Ivory. (1 scoop Buttery:1scoop Warm:8 scoops Ivory)
Faves-
MissAshley

Post by MissAshley » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:37 am

Need help, I am just lousy at foundation mixing and I have been putting off this SN things for so long because I don't think I can do it properly. Oh I got my sample kit eons ago. Please help. Here are 2 picture the straight face one with a powder foundation on and the other one with tilted head with no foundation. Hope that helps.
Last edited by MissAshley on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:23 am

MissAshley,
I don't see much yellow......so I am recommending Warm Gold (slight yellow, olive and warm undertones). Start at about a 1 scoop color to 7 Ivory.
Faves-