FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenW

Re: FOTD's- Share your pics!

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:31 am

Thank you, Rhys!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri May 09, 2008 4:49 am

Yesterday's fluff ~ SN heavier coverage foundation (which I've been testing & gave given a GREAT workout) mixed with a serum & applied w/fingers. Love Lure & Date Bait blend. Forbidden (NARS Outlaw) blush. Grabbed colors I have not used in forever, for a change! Applied Silver Lining as allover wash, lash to brow, then again on inner 3/4 of lids. Storm Cloud on the outsides of lids & in < >....& continued as dryline, top & outer bottom. Sailor wetsmooshed into lashes. Wanted a nude lip since I was all eyes,lol, so Breathless was my choice.

NO clue what's up for today! :o

WHATEVER you do, have *fun*!
davidized.jpg
davidized.jpg (2.62 KiB) Viewed 5903 times

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Fri May 30, 2008 3:38 am

Not a thing wrong with ice cream colors,LOL! I've been playing mostly with the newest colors, but yesterday I did High Beam/Dolce/Moss liner, Lovelace blush, Capricious lippie supplemented with a little Berry Crush.

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:59 am

I know this is an older thread but Jen, don't be afraid to wear the bright colors. The brighter blush really makes a difference -I like it a lot!

I like the following two color combinations but I don't know the SN equivalents of these colors (yet)

1. dark green shimmer shadow in outer corner; Urban Decay's "Stalker" (glitter purple/pink) in inner corner; basic pink matte from Ulta allover/above crease

2. dark green shimmer in outer corner; aqua shimmer in inner corner; "Stalker" above crease/all over (but blend that sucker good! Otherwise it looks circus-y)
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:57 am

I have to admit I have lately been in a rut. I have been running ragged since school got out, and have been wearing my neutral 'standbys' or the Berry Pallette. Who knew that kids required so much attention? ;) I know things will even out here pretty soon, and I can get back to having more makeup fun!!!

If you are looking for the colors closest to what you describe:
Dark Green Shimmer-Emerald
Aqua Shimmer- Either Poly or Sizzle; Sizzle is lighter
Matte Pink- Petunia or Chery Blossom
Purple/Pink - I would go with Breathe or Orchid here. Neither has glitter, but nice sparkle.
Faves-
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:54 pm

If you want a bold purple, try Bewitched. It's not for the faint of heart, but it's a beautiful liner even if you don't use it as a shadow.

Gasp is absolutely gorgeous when you foil it, either with liquid or the cream liner. It's like fairy dust for the eyes - irridescent purple and blue, but very etherial, and great for summer.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Those UD colors are a lot of fun...I think I know which one you're talking about and we don't have anything with the chunky glitter that they do- but Breathe is a clone of Asphyxia. Hmm...well there's some more clone inspiration for me.

I agree with Rhys- if you can handle UD colors- you should probably have a little bit of Bewitched in your makeup bag. You'll have fun with it. Sizzle is a fun color, and we do have Teal Appeal as a sorta minty aqua- it throws some blue highlights too.

Jen- I dare you to wear Polly. That'll snap you out of a rut real quick- and I bet with your refined sense of color that you could put a very gorgeous look together, and just think how it will set off your big brown eyes!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:22 pm

karen wrote:Jen- I dare you to wear Polly. That'll snap you out of a rut real quick- and I bet with your refined sense of color that you could put a very gorgeous look together, and just think how it will set off your big brown eyes!
I do believe you have just 'thrown down the proverbial gauntlet'! I can handle a challenge! I am not promising great results, but I will post a pic here......tomorrow.......at noon! ;)
Faves-
hotmama

Post by hotmama » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:29 pm

Ohhh....I can't wait to see it! You gals crack me up!!!
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:39 am

JenW wrote:I have to admit I have lately been in a rut. I have been running ragged since school got out, and have been wearing my neutral 'standbys' or the Berry Pallette. Who knew that kids required so much attention? ;) I know things will even out here pretty soon, and I can get back to having more makeup fun!!!

If you are looking for the colors closest to what you describe:
Dark Green Shimmer-Emerald
Aqua Shimmer- Either Poly or Sizzle; Sizzle is lighter
Matte Pink- Petunia or Chery Blossom
Purple/Pink - I would go with Breathe or Orchid here. Neither has glitter, but nice sparkle.
Yes! Thank you! I will add those to my wish list...

And Bewitched is now at the top of my must-have list! I am all about the dramatic colors.