more muted one-color washes?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
BeaT

Re: more muted one-color washes?

Post by BeaT » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi, Jen : ) I hope you had a great weekend -- it kind of pains me to see you working the forum when everyone's supposed to be off!

A little update on the Brit situation -- similar makeup style and palette is seen worn by more mature women as well, as attested by this update from the London Fashion Week by Géraldine Dormoy, style reporter with the French newsweekly L'Express.
http://blogs.lexpress.fr/cafe-mode/2008 ... laises.php
The women are more tanned, but the palette seems consistent, though I'm not sure if the lipcolors are lighter to flatter the tan.

Note the daring red and perfectly painted lips on the Luella model. It's a trend I've seen among primarily women around twenty in many countries, while bright tangerines also seem popular, presumably the influence of the 80s/ early 90s revival in fashion and no less the supermodel and style icon of recent seasons, Agyness Deyn. Given how much mainstream fashion is taking cues from young avant gardes, colors of this vein and more delineated lips will probably be the next thing.

That's it for now. Gotta run. : )
BeaT

Post by BeaT » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:08 am

Hey guys --

Sorry this has taken so long. Some things happened and I had to put this on hold for over a week... but it's finally done!

Here it is: http://beaintaipei.vox.com/

I'll continue to update every now and then, and when I do, I'll post links to the new scans on my Vox, so if you'd like to follow up on this, please subscribe to my Vox blog's RSS. Subscribing to my Flickr accounts' RSS will only be helpful until I use up the available free space again.

Enjoy : )
BeaT

Post by BeaT » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:34 am

I forgot to mention -- all of the latest issues that I scanned from, which are either a September or an October issue, include a makeup feature teaching readers how to transition their makeup from summer to fall. You can see that even the "darker" fall makeup looks are still very light and summery by US standard.
greentable

Post by greentable » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 pm

I'm late on this thread, but I'd like to say that I LOVE danny too!! The finish is really unique and different from the other SN shadows Ive tried (I haven't tried the Wave 4 shadows though). I think I'll get Rizzo too since Jen says that it's the same kind of finish.

I hope Karen will make more e/s of this kind of satin finish! TIA!!
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:56 am

greentable-
We have several in the same finish, but Bea prefers the ones that utilize the lower sheen micas for coloring. The satin finish shadows from Wave 4 do have a touch of copper added to them. I will get a list together!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
greentable

Post by greentable » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:45 am

Ohhhh thanks Jen!!! I'm looking forward to the list!
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:56 am

Muted satin velvets: Dannny, Rizzo

Satin velvets (not necessarily muted due to the micas used in coloring): Sandy, Frenchie, Belleweather, Chic, Cream, Indian Summer, Lake, Posh, Sage, Smitten.

Satin Velvets a little on the shimmery side: Brown Sugar, Dark Forest, Eerie, Wisdom.
Faves-
greentable

Post by greentable » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:51 am

Thanks Jen!!! All these (except Danny) are going on to my wishlist!! I have cool toned skin, which highlight color do you think is more suitable?
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Frenchie or Sandy will be great for cool toned skin. Frenchie is a cream color with a slight pink hue. Sandy is a pale peachy pink. Cream is only a tad warmer than Vanilla (which is between Frenchie and Cream in the cool to warm scale) and it would probably still 'read' about the same once it is blended.
Faves-
Kahani

Post by Kahani » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:28 am

I'd just like to chip in and say that I too adore this particular finish. But until I read this highly illuminating forum thread, I honestly thought I just liked Sandy as a colour, not as a finish as well. Well that's me well-educated. =D Can't wait to try the rest of Jen's recommendation (thanks so much for that btw!).

Kudos to all who have started, maintained, and discussed with such brilliance on this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beauty Blogger @ http://soloverly.blogspot.com