Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
denise

Re: Need Foundation Help? Please post here.......

Post by denise » Sat May 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Hello! I want to try SN foundation so badly! I have pretty normal skin, with drier cheeks. I'd say it's normal to dry. (I get the occasional breakout once a month) Lately, I feel tightness around my mouth/cheeks. :/ What formula do you suggest, I'm thinking of getting the Vegan. (want medium coverage)

I think I'm medium skinned?, I'd say medium to light, but I cannot figure out what undertones I have, neutral, warm or cold.. I would also say I have olive skintone, not sure. I look green in some photos, I definitely have some green but I don't know ... I DON'T lean pink, it's just redness on cheeks..

also
- Will I need to get the Green color booster?

- I have redness on the sides of the nose, what concealer/product should I try for that, I have NEVER tried anything for the redness on there and want to cover it up badly!! :/

- I need concealer to spot-conceal, which color do you suggest?

sorry for all the questions..!! Looking forward to replies!! :)
of course I want the foundation color that I will come up with to even out my skin and be my skin but better.^_^

Indoors, natural window lighting

Outdoors, natural light, in the shade: (My forehead is darker than the rest of my face.)

Indoors, in the shade

Indoors, flash
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun May 15, 2011 9:33 am

denise-

Olive in the vegan formula at about a 1:10 to 12 should be a very good match. I don't think you will need the Green Booster.

For concealer, I usually recommend a heavier foundation, but if you are wanting vegan, that won't help. In all acutality, the difference of the brush used (use a concealer brush instead of a kabuki or flat top) and it applies the foundation a little heavier than it will on the other areas of your face. It is definitely worth a try.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
ElissaS

Post by ElissaS » Sun May 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi! I've also just received the original ivory sample kit, and am also having trouble with my foundation recipe. :/ I'm asian, so typically, i tried the buttery gold and the warm gold, but they're just a bit too warm for me, and I was wondering if i should add a bit of olive? Also, I try to match my foundation to my neck, so that explains the pictures. Oh, and I've just realized that the pictures might be a bit too bright, but that's alright since i just want to know where to start. Thank you so much! :D
Attachments
DSC01362.JPG
DSC01362.JPG (112.72 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
DSC01364.JPG
DSC01364.JPG (121.63 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
DSC01359.JPG
DSC01359.JPG (134.08 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon May 16, 2011 1:14 pm

ElissaS-

You may be able to use just Olive color base if the other two are too warm. Try about 1 scoop to about 12-14 white.

Another possibility....you may just need to add more white to the mixes you have tried. In Wrm Gold you will be about a 1:8-9....in Buttery Gold about a 1:8.
Faves-
birdiegirl72

Post by birdiegirl72 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Amazing! I did 12 scoops ivory to each 1 of olive and it's perfect! You got it just right. Thanks!
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu May 19, 2011 5:59 am

birdiegirl72 wrote:Amazing! I did 12 scoops ivory to each 1 of olive and it's perfect! You got it just right. Thanks!
Yayyy! You are wlecome!
Faves-
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:24 pm

OK I'm getting ready to place my first order and I'm thrilled!

I have very oily skin and need oil control. I also like medium to full coverage, since I have large pores. I'm planning on sampling some of the primers and finishers too. But I'm a little confused on foundation formulas. I want a matte finish with at least medium coverage, so I was thinking the medium formula. Any suggestions?
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat May 21, 2011 7:58 pm

rymorg2 wrote:OK I'm getting ready to place my first order and I'm thrilled!

I have very oily skin and need oil control. I also like medium to full coverage, since I have large pores. I'm planning on sampling some of the primers and finishers too. But I'm a little confused on foundation formulas. I want a matte finish with at least medium coverage, so I was thinking the medium formula. Any suggestions?
Medium sounds good. I also suggest Oil Control Blur.
Faves-
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks Jen, the blur is definitely in the cart too! :D
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
denise

Post by denise » Tue May 24, 2011 2:59 pm

JenW wrote:denise-

Olive in the vegan formula at about a 1:10 to 12 should be a very good match. I don't think you will need the Green Booster.

For concealer, I usually recommend a heavier foundation, but if you are wanting vegan, that won't help. In all acutality, the difference of the brush used (use a concealer brush instead of a kabuki or flat top) and it applies the foundation a little heavier than it will on the other areas of your face. It is definitely worth a try.
Thank you, I have ordered the Original formula. =)) So I'm guessing the ratio of the Ivory will be more? (than the vegan formula) Also, is 1 scoop a full scoop (like a little "mountain") or a level scoop? :D

Your suggestion is great, about using a concealer brush with the foundation to spot conceal. Yay!!! Hope it works! ^^