Replacement for Benefit Gilded

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
MagRo

Replacement for Benefit Gilded

Post by MagRo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:18 pm

My favorite liner/brow pencil ever has been discontinued. It is Benefit's Gilded, which is a lovely soft, rose gold. Not to shimmery, just perfect. Matched my hair really well, and made my blue eyes pop. I'm devastated, and about to troll ebay for it...

But, can anyone recommend a something similar? I've looked at SN eyeshadows but it is hard to tell from the monitor if anything would be close...
bellatete

Re: Replacement for Benefit Gilded

Post by bellatete » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 am

i never tried benefit gilded, so i googled for images and judging from these, the closest SN eye shadow (both by colour and texture) should be cloudberry. i was also thinking of highbeam, homecoming queen, fierce, daiquire and boom, but some of these are too shimmery (especially if you want to use it on your eyebrows), some are too light or might be too dark.

you could also try to clone the exact colour of gilded by mixing some of the shadows i mentioned.

since you have blue eyes, cloudberry will be a good investment in any case. it's the most beautiful peach eye shadow!! applied lightly it's even a great highlighter on the cheekbones and the bridge of the nose ;) and it's lip safe (i saw on google that some people use gilded on the lips as well)!!
MagRo

Re: Replacement for Benefit Gilded

Post by MagRo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:50 pm

I wound up finding some on Ebay, but I'll look at Cloudberry for future reference!