Does anyone know of a dupe to Cover girl 415 Blushberry?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Ocelot1

Does anyone know of a dupe to Cover girl 415 Blushberry?

Post by Ocelot1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:59 pm

Nars dolce vita is similar too. Even though i see pinky brown nude colors on this site, i dont want to get all of them and then they dont work out...same with my other post about l'oreal butterscotch drop color juice gloss. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
frckls

Re: Does anyone know of a dupe to Cover girl 415 Blushberry?

Post by frckls » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:45 am

I once was on a search to find the dupe for NARS Dolce Vita. Although I didn't find it, I consoled myself since I already have too many gorgeous lip color on rotation just for a pair of lips.

I swatched and tried on Dolce Vita when I visited Paris (there's no NARS in the Netherlands). I remember it has the pinkish rosiness of Aria. But Aria leans a bit too pink for that. Genuine (dc'd) claims to have rosy color, but it's barely a match since it looks a little bit pale on my lips and very sheer. Bitten is too berry-ish. Blushberry is too bright, Dolce Vita has a warm brown to it. Cultured is too mauve on me, but it shows very nicely pink on my sister so I gave it to her. St. Tropez and Caramel are not good matches, too.

I'm thinking maybe Frolic (it's shimmery, tho) or Blushbery ALG layered on top of Roxie lipstain. I think the later might tick all the pink, red, brown boxes. Or maybe Rhapsody (looks similar from the swatch, I think) or Rapturous applied thinly.

Good luck with the hunt! Let me know how it turns out!
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 pm

What about Maiden? It's been a while since I've seen Dolce Vita, but I think it's close.
frckls

Post by frckls » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Not that I remember, not Maiden. It still lacks the red. I have a lippie that is really close to Dolce Vita, only lacks a tiiiiiiiinny bit of pink. And it's nowhere close to all SN lippies in my stash.