Valentine's and the New Year!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
cclee00

Re: Valentine's and the New Year!

Post by cclee00 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:38 pm

zeebs wrote:I would like to see valentines-day flavors for lip balms. Champagne, chocolate, etc etc.
Ooh yum! Yes please!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
tardis

Post by tardis » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:47 am

Dare we hope that the fact that the GWP hasn't changed means the Valentine's collection is coming this weekend? ;)
Last edited by tardis on Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkhairedgirl

Post by darkhairedgirl » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:49 pm

MyLavenderHeart wrote:Glad to hear you are on the mend Karen, and thanks for asking us :)

Re improvement in 2012 I for my part only have one simple wish:
I would absolutely LOVE a stronger AHA toner! Perhaps 12 % ?

Perhaps give people a choice between 8 % or 12% strength in the AHA?

I have used SN`s AHA toner well over a year, but I feel it could be stronger!
It seems my skin need it to be more potent or something. I can use it every night for three or four nights in a row, then it gives better results, but I don`t even turn red or sore! So would love a stronger one I can use less frequently so I don`t have to use up a bottle so quickly... :oops:

I can also use the BHA frequently without probles whatsoever along with the AHA, and it helps with my cysts because of my skincondition.
royalgoddessbeth wrote:Real makeup setting spray....along the lines of UD DeSlick.
I second both of these! I love love love SN's AHA toner but I do think my face could handle a higher %. And I've been looking at buying MUFE's Mist and Fix to set my makeup, it looks similar to UD's DeSlick. My T-zone is super oily so I'm hoping something like this would keep my makeup on longer. I'm sure whatever Karen could come up with though would be better and more natural!
frckls

Post by frckls » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:46 pm

tardis wrote:Dare we hope that the fact that the GWP hasn't changed means the Valentine's collections is coming this weekend? ;)
Hahahah I'm wondering that as well! Can't wait!
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 pm

frckls wrote:
tardis wrote:Dare we hope that the fact that the GWP hasn't changed means the Valentine's collections is coming this weekend? ;)
Ooooo...I keep hoping to see the Valentine's collection getting posted. Can't wait to see what Karen and her team have come up with!
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:21 am

robinbird_22 wrote:
frckls wrote:
Ooooo...I keep hoping to see the Valentine's collection getting posted. Can't wait to see what Karen and her team have come up with!
I'm going nuts! I've been checking this thread and the blog every day or more. Gahh.

Frckls, your profile picture is so cute!
Caroline

karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:38 am

Unfortunately it's not coming out this weekend. We're waiting on some shipments of some packaging....hopefully we'll get them soon!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
frckls

Post by frckls » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:10 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Karen that's cruelty!

Thanks cclee00! :D
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:39 pm

karen wrote:Unfortunately it's not coming out this weekend. We're waiting on some shipments of some packaging....hopefully we'll get them soon!

Is there a projected release date or anything? I'm hoping to place a very large order around February 5; might it be out by then? Of course, the worst that happens is I have to place another order. Darn. :D
Caroline

rfnandkcn

Post by rfnandkcn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:45 am

Oxana:

I think your idea of a pressing kit is genius! I have read your posts about pressing shadows and make up and have wanted to try myself, but find myself intimidated. I have read other blogs about pressing, and there is so much conflicting information as to what is the best thing to use as a binding agent. I know that there are commercially available bottled binding agents, but they all seem to contain dimethicone, which I am allergic to. Some mention using alcohol. Some have mentioned jojoba oil, but I think that can turn rancid. I know that you use FCO, but that makes me nervous as well. I have sensitive skin, and if someone looks at me cross eyed my skin can break out! Is FCO the only binder you have used, or was that your binder of choice after trial and error?

Also, where is the best place to get the little tins and cases?

Thanks!!