UD naked palette clone - just for warm girls?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
carro

UD naked palette clone - just for warm girls?

Post by carro » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:55 am

Your clone set looks so nice but I was wondering how it would work for a cool-toned girl? A lot of your clones are discribed as warm sand, golden brown, warm tan, brassy golden very warm etc.

Is it the ultimate kit if your warm-toned, but not I great idea if your cool? Any of them might work better than the rest? Any of you cooler girls have it and love it?
Maybe it´s not that importent if you use warm shaddows for your eyes as long as your face has a cool base? Coppers and some browns really makes the blue eyes pop.

Last question. Really like this look of this tutorial but it is based on a kit of an off brand "clone" so I really don´t know what color to use. Anyone who can "translate" this to SN-names:
NYX Nude on Nude palette.
Thanks!

(Mod edit to remove link)
JenW

Re: UD naked palette clone - just for warm girls?

Post by JenW » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:35 am

On the NYX for something close but not exact:
Restless Bareback Colt
Trouble Scout Magnum
Loaded Caliber Action

For a very cool toned gal, I might sub Blue Steel for Caliber. And I might sub Saddle Up for Scout.
I know there are a number of cool toned gals that love Loaded.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm not warm-toned, but not exactly cool either. I have Loaded and Trouble and love them both. I think it does help though that I have blue eyes and both of those make the blue pop, so those should be nice for you. If you have Mojave, Trouble is like that but pinker.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:23 pm

I am warm but sallow - like a peachy yellow - and these colors are definitely warmer, but most of them are universally wearable. I agree with the comment that they are wonderful on blue eyes. These are my favorite SN shades to date.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:25 am

Im a cool/neutral tone with green/blue eyes and love and use most of the color but Blue Steel. :P :P
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm cool toned and wear most of them, but Caliber isn't my favorite gold of the ones that we make. Bling tends to work better for me.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
carro

Post by carro » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Realized that I already own restless which is one of my fav coulors, kind of my lid but better:-) Maybe I should investe in some more of these;-) Saddle up looks like a great pair with restless, and Trouble and loaded looks really cute!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:33 pm

carro wrote:Realized that I already own restless which is one of my fav coulors, kind of my lid but better:-) Maybe I should investe in some more of these;-) Saddle up looks like a great pair with restless, and Trouble and loaded looks really cute!
You would probably like both Trouble (very close to Restless but still different) and Loaded.