Combustion . . .Oooh Baby!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Maeva

Combustion . . .Oooh Baby!

Post by Maeva » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Now that is red! I absolutely love it, Karen!
I love the formula and consistency as much as the color. Doctor, pleeease, some more of these!

The Eyelights are wonderful too!
And the AGLs - especially Provoke!
I am having way too much fun, and not getting any work done. I wish I could post pictures.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
18Angel

Re: Combustion . . .Oooh Baby!

Post by 18Angel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks for the review! I am stll waiting for mine. These long weekends kill me when I am waiting for my schparkles. :lol: Hopefully they will come tomorrow.
frckls

Post by frckls » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:59 am

Can you please, please upload the swatch?? I have everything in the cart but still a bit hesitant to checkout because I am curious whether Combustion is anything like J.Crew-Poppy King, the coral red that (I think) leans a bit to orange, while Karen says Combustion might lean pinkish on some people. And I can't wear pinkish red or I'll risk looking like a clown. It's my golden-warm skintone, which is a bit tan right now.
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:45 am

I have only a cellphone camera - not a good enough shot :|

My skin is fair with yellow and peach undertones. Pinkish reds look hideous on me as well. I can wear blue red. I can wear orange red. I can wear howling pink as a statement color.

Combustion is warm coral red Red RED.
Even after blotting I do not see pink, including under bright light. When I fan out a color swatch of it on my arm to thin it, and view it in bright morning light, I do not see pink. I see the coral come forward.
The coverage is quite good. Very substantial. Much more so than Crimson or Cayenne.
It is not quite matte, there is a tiny bit of shine.
I have seen the P. K. red you are referring to. To my eye, Combustion is redder, more potent, but has the elements you are looking for.
I am in love with it!

If it doesn't work, put it up for swap - I'll take it!
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
frckls

Post by frckls » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Well, Maeva, I think you need to spend your money on another because I don't think I'm going to swap it away! :D It sounds perfect from your description and I will order it right away. Thanks Maeva!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:59 am

Frckls, I was eying Poppy King too and requested it in the Fall line up, and as far as I can tell, Combustion is pretty much it, maybe a bit stronger :) I just got my goodies today, and didn't have time to try them in the right light, but it's really red with some warm in it. I'm thinking about layering with a bit of Incite if needed. I'm happy with it!
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:43 am

Speaking of layering, I was playing around with it a little more last night - layering it with my other favorite SN reds.
It blends nicely with Crimson. It is gorgeous with Cayenne - warms it even further. Layer it with Cayenne and add a pop of Kindle on top and you have a stunning super-warm red.

I really love this formula. This is the only red I can wear all day without it getting messy. It does not travel or wear off as quickly as my other reds.
I wish for all of the brighter SN lippies to be formulated this way. And I will probably post a link asking for that. I hope I am not the only one! :P
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Maeva wrote:Speaking of layering, I was playing around with it a little more last night - layering it with my other favorite SN reds.
It blends nicely with Crimson. It is gorgeous with Cayenne - warms it even further. Layer it with Cayenne and add a pop of Kindle on top and you have a stunning super-warm red.
Hah, that's exactly what I did today: layered with Cayenne :) I don't have Kindle (yet), but I do have Blaze, so I'll top them off with that next time. I wanted to have a low-shine color today, it's perfect :)
frckls

Post by frckls » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Why didn't I get Cayenne for God sake?!?!

OMG this PayPal-Bank Account thingy is killing me!! Just send the darned money already for the love of God!
frckls

Post by frckls » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:56 pm

The first swipe of Combustion on my lips and I DIED. It's THE MOST PERFECT RED I've ever had!! My heart skipped a beat. IT'S GORGEOUS. Totally gorgeous. And no pink shows through. Nope. Nada. Only coral coral coral and IT'S SUPER LOVELY. I also swatched it side-by-side by another red I own, only I think it's more blue red, and Combustion flashes its coral beautifully. I really have to give it to Karen this time (LIE. It's EVERYTIME. LOL).