Small bumps on my cleavage and upper arm

Maeva

Re: Small bumps on my cleavage and upper arm

Post by Maeva » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:45 pm

My skin always acts up in some way for a few weeks with every change of season - always.
Anyway, the above routine should knock out the problem. Hope so!
I loooove SN AHA Toner - and my skin is delicate!
For me, the AHA is getting to be like Windex for Toula's father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I use it on my hands, elbows, knees - why not? Such a terrific product.
:P
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Maeva, thanks for that info. Ill give that a try. And Karen thank you mentioning prickly heat. Ive been googling heat rash but only a few results were coming up. I googled prickly heat and wow look at all the info. Anyway, I think I realize what part of the problem is for me (at least what I hope it is) I started using Shea butter on my skin. My face hates it, I don't know why I thought my body would like it? I think this made thi gs worse because more pores are blocked and irritated from the sun. I'll stop using oil based body lotions. On the upside, I've been wearing long sleeves whenever I go for a walk and my arms are much better. I should get some bha and aha and try to unclog these pores. I use a shower filter and it's one of the best purchases I've made since moving out here. My shampoo actually lathers (I use so much less) and I don't get the pesky product buildup issue. My shower filter needs to be replaced soon so I might make a nice upgrade :)
discogranny

Post by discogranny » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:40 am

Are you sure its not keratosis pilaris?

I have it all over my upper arms and my chest area. Exfoliation helps a lot! I use Karen's BHA on it. So does moisturiser. I live in Australia and use a moisturiser called moo goo on that area. It is definitely going away :)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:06 pm

discogranny wrote:Are you sure its not keratosis pilaris?

I have it all over my upper arms and my chest area. Exfoliation helps a lot! I use Karen's BHA on it. So does moisturiser. I live in Australia and use a moisturiser called moo goo on that area. It is definitely going away :)
I think it may be! I looked at images on Google for both KP and the prickly heat, and I think it's KP, a very mild case of it. Lots of tiny bumps and some of them seem to have a dry white peak. Heh, gross :)

I'll keep using both BHA and AHA on them and keep moisturizing too. Thanks for the input :)