How's the cream blush??

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

How's the cream blush??

Post by karen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:39 am

We did a GWP cream blush, and I'm wondering what you thought of the formula?? Color-wise, I went for something a bit different than what we typically have on the site- and I know it may not have been everyone's cup of tea.

How about the formula?? Was it OK, did it blend well over your foundation, was it friendly to your skin?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
feyith

Re: How's the cream blush??

Post by feyith » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:00 am

There was a cream blush? I sad now. :(
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 pm

karen wrote:We did a GWP cream blush, and I'm wondering what you thought of the formula?? Color-wise, I went for something a bit different than what we typically have on the site- and I know it may not have been everyone's cup of tea.

How about the formula?? Was it OK, did it blend well over your foundation, was it friendly to your skin?
Yeaaaah, I'm afraid the color didn't hit home for me, but I'll test it some more in the confort of my home ;)

I did try it as a lipbalm, and it has some staying power, and it goes on really nicely, feels smooth! I ended up topping it with Cherise and it turned out quite pretty.
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 pm

The color is wrong for me, too strong - though I like it.
I can see it working well for medium to deep peach or olive women.

The texture of Rouge is a tiny bit oily, and maybe a bit too sheer - for me anyway.
If the color had been a good fit, I would still have set it with a powder blush or perfecting powder.

I have not tried your other cream blush shades because of the silicone. I was glad to try this.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
KrysD

Post by KrysD » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 pm

I love it! I thought it would be too warm for me but it looked great! It went over my foundation well and set fine. I love the feel too. It is not too pastey or oily. Please make more :D
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:57 am

i love it. i found it easier to blend in than the earlier cream blushes, and actually the color works really well for me (though my skin is warm and i have a light tan at the moment) I would definitely purchase others in this formula and foresee myself reaching for it a lot. I like the others a lot, but i only wear them when i feel up to doing the blending thing with at least some semblance of skill (if I don't put the dots in the right place or rub enough, i can make it too bright), and i feel like this new one is more of dot rub and go and it's even and natural looking without much effort.

Naturally I would love it in peach (ie sassy. lol). :mrgreen: cuz i loves me some peach, but rouge is actually a really wearable fall shade for me.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
sophlove

Post by sophlove » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 pm

It was a fantastic color on me (I am very light olive), and blended really easily. I also used it with some SN lip balm on my lips and it was very pretty.

Staying power though... not so good for me. The blush powders stay on my face for the entire day, regardless of weather, and this faded after a few hours, which was a bummer.

Still very pretty though...
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Karen, I got Cherry Bomb and for the 1st time I could use a cream blush that did not mess up my foundation. Thanks so much for making them and love the color too. :D :D
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
feyith

Post by feyith » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:53 pm

I love them and love that they are lip safe! Tickle looks really pretty with some clear lip gloss. I was wondering if Devoted will be making a reappearance in the new formula and packaging?
LT16

Post by LT16 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Just received 2 of the new cream blushes yesterday. I'm wearing Entice (plummy shade) today on cheeks and going on 6 hours and it's still on. It's in the 90's today but I've been in an A/C'd office all day long though. LOL

I like the packaging of the cream blushes this time around. It's really convenient in a tube and not only that but it's lip safe so I can use it on lips as well.