Test product review

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
heidiv23323

Test product review

Post by heidiv23323 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:55 am

I remember Karen asked for feedback on a couple of the surprise goodies in the package. For the life of me, I can't remember which 2 products they were :( I think I tossed the paper.
However, there were 4 new things in there that I haven't tried before so I'll review those.

Molten eye liner- This is really nice and the first time I've tried a SN liner. I'm impressed as it lasted all day without applying anything over top. If it could be improved any I'd say it could be a bit more pigmented.

Rose body powder- I don't normally use a body powder so I used this for another purpose. I tried it as a highlighter (eyes) and it made the most ethereal golden glow that was very subtle. I might like this as a highlight for the cheeks as well.

Vegan Illuminating finisher- This one was just ok for me. I found myself really blending it out because it seemed a bit too light for me. (I'm a neutral light-medium)

V3 Eye shadow primer- I'm thankful it's more like V1 :) I like this version a lot ! This works very well for me holding my shadow in place for 8+ hours without creasing. The colors blended nicely I have a hard time with some traditional primers drying my lids out and this one not only doesn't do that but feels more like a little cool drink for them ! Being 47, this is a HUGE plus for me.

Oh and on a side note, Flutter and Smolder make the most AWESOME combo <3 these colors !!! They are made for each other imo. I'm casting my vote for BOTH to become permanent. Everyone that also love these colors, pretty please give Karen a shout out.

Thank you Karen and I hope this is what you were looking for :P

Heidi
karen
Site Admin

Re: Test product review

Post by karen » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Thank you for the feedback! That's really fantastic, and I'm so glad you took the time to post it- it's immensely helpful.

If anyone else wants to chime in that would be great!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Hey there Karen,
I will play with the goodies tomorrow and write a review over the weekend... meant to play with them sooner but the time has just gotten away from me. :)
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 pm

The cream liner: I really liked this. For starters, I can wear it. lol. My experience with the other cream liners was pretty limited, but if memory serves for comparison, i feel like this one is creamier. I like to waterline and I remember that being difficult with the other liners, this one works like a charm. The color wasn't particularly intense, but I liked it. For waterlining, i think the color was a great subtle liner shade. I did not try it as a shadow, but for lining, it went on easily and lasted all day.

Stick 'em V3: I like this better than version 2, but not as much as version 1. Version 1 seems to almost foil the shadows (which i like) and version 3 is more just sticky (which i guess isn't a bad thing, but i liked the foiling aspect). Versions 1 and 3 wash off clean whereas version2 had a really weird residue when i would wash my eyelids that made me immediately dislike it. It was kind of gummy/slippery and difficult to wash off. I'm assuming "4 time's a charm' means that the new gumball is yet 1 more version so crossing my fingers.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:52 pm

I am liking the latest version of the stick-em. I actually liked the second version because it wasn't as liquid, but I think I was in the minority. And, then the dropper bottle got clogged and I couldn't get any product out without taking off the top of the bottle. So, if this version continues to flow nicely, I am fine with it being more liquid. It definitely works as a primer to keep my shadows lasting and looking good.

I also really like the cream liner. I have never tried the existing version, though, so I can't compare the two versions. I am interested in trying more colors!

I don't know if it is a test product, but I am really liking the illuminating powder. I have been using it under my eyes, both on top of the cream concealer and by itself, and I think it helps my dark shadows disappear quite nicely.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:45 pm

How are you ladies using the cream liner? I found mine was very hard and I can't get very much on my brush to even use it. I have never tried the gel liners before so I don't really know what to do with it. Should I wet my brush first or something? It really is hard like maybe a chocolate candy. I don't know if that is how everyone else's is. I haven't tried the other items yet since I have been out of town.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 am

I've been using it with the angled bamboo liner, but tested it with the Ultimate Eyeshadow Brush, and our regular liner brush.

The surface is a bit hard- I found that once I kind of broke the surface of it that it worked well. There's a fair amount of carnuaba wax in it, and that does tend to form hard coatings, but once you have it scratched up a bit it should work.

Please let me know if you can't get it to work....Susan said it wasn't as creamy as the old version too. It is a bit firmer than the old version, but I like the staying power of this one better once it's on.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:33 am

Colleen wrote:How are you ladies using the cream liner? I found mine was very hard and I can't get very much on my brush to even use it. I have never tried the gel liners before so I don't really know what to do with it. Should I wet my brush first or something? It really is hard like maybe a chocolate candy. I don't know if that is how everyone else's is. I haven't tried the other items yet since I have been out of town.
I used the angled bamboo brush and i just kind of really roughly swirl in circles over the surface til it's got a nice coating.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks Karen and Xarata. I will try it again tomorrow since I already have my eyes done. I think I have a brush that will work. I will just make sure to scrape a bit from the top with it first.
fairyfli

Post by fairyfli » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:40 pm

All right here is my review of the products so far,

Molten eye liner- For me I really liked the color and I liked the ease of this... I had no problems using my ultimate eye shadow brush and I have so issues getting enough on there... I just rub the brush back and forth a few times and good to go... It's funny because I have the previous versions and I don't use them much.. I usually just foil a dark eyeshadow for my liner... ;) but this is definitely creamier.

Rose powder- I loooooove this! I love how smooth and soft it makes my skin feel and a nice sheen as well. I would soooo buy this in big quantities, i like to put it on my chest, and would love an everyday powder for the summer since I sweat like no other :oops:

The illuminating powder- I really like this one as well.. I used it under my eyes to cover my dark shadows and that works pretty well since it reflects the light... i also used it as a cheekbone highlight which I really like as well... this is good stuff Karen! :)

Last but not least is the eyeshadow primer- I never got to try version one, but I did do version 2 which I liked for the staying power but I also had issues with washing it off and it leaving residue on my eyelids. I love this one... it comes out of the bottle really easy(version 2 get stuck) and I just pat it on and let it dry... then I put my eye shadows on and I am ready... I walked today a mile and half total and I was sweating but my eyeshadow stayed perfect (normally they would have been oily) so I really like this one.... I think that I would have liked version 1 just because people said it gave the foiled look but I still can foil with this one! So this is great Karen. Thanks a bunch for letting try these out and hope they become permanent. :mrgreen: