Bright Eyes

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
ladydi

Bright Eyes

Post by ladydi » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:46 am

My teen daughter is wanting to spend a fortune :? on the latest very bright eyeshadow on the market. What can you recommend that would give her the very bright satisfaction? I know and love your products but she thinks they are just for old Mom's. I know she will need a primer in order to get the deep color so I'll need a primer recommendation as well.
Any ideas!
JenW

Re: Bright Eyes

Post by JenW » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:01 am

Any of Thea's colors are very young and edgy..... (do a search for Thea and pick those eyeshadows). Poly is bright as well as Madison and 5th Ave. Breathe and Superfly would be fun ones, too.

There are a whole host of primers and everyone has an opinion on which one they like best. I use a MAC paintpot or the primer SN sells (it is outsourced) as the ingredients are a little better.http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/shado ... p-579.html
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Oh, she would love Breathe! My sis and I swatched it on our arms and just played around with it in different lighting and stared for like 20 minutes! :lol:
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:37 pm

There was a collection of matte neons/brights awhile back released with the thea colors (or around the same time). Flame, Safety, Canary, Swamp, Lime, Lagoon, Royal, Vivid. They're all matte, but go well with the thea colors which are intense shades with shimmer. The morphing shades are really fun too.

Vivids:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thea Colors:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Thank you! Thank you!
This is just what I was looking for. I knew I would find it here. And all reasonably price!
Teen Daughter loves them all and would love one of each! :D
In order to get the intense effect of the colors the best application is to pat them on rather than sweep? Did I get that right?
aud

Post by aud » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Patting them on over a primer will bring out the intensity of the colours :)
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:39 pm

ladydi wrote:Thank you! Thank you!
This is just what I was looking for. I knew I would find it here. And all reasonably price!
Teen Daughter loves them all and would love one of each! :D
In order to get the intense effect of the colors the best application is to pat them on rather than sweep? Did I get that right?
Oh, and you foiling is even better for intensity! Or, try them on top of a different color base, like Karen's cream liners: Film Noir or Tarnish would be great for that.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:05 pm

I would think the wow colors would be good too.