The Diet/Self-Improvement Thread

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
krenee

Re: The Diet/Self-Improvement Thread

Post by krenee » Mon May 24, 2010 6:43 am

I just took a quick peek over at your blog- your work is beautiful, Samantha. I really have never been a "crafty" person so I am always envious of those who are. GOOD LUCK and I hope you are able to work out something you're happy with.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed May 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi all

I can't believe I didn't post last week.

Well I gained 1lb last week (water weight I swear) and this week I lost 2 yay.

Also I got my 2 and half stone certificate with rosemary today, so that makes my lost to date 8st 7lbs Yippppppppppppeeeeee

Sam: I love your blog, great ideas and I wish I was that talented. You keep it up, I can't wait to see what you do next :D
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu May 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Can I just say you're my hero? Really, and truly, it's just so inspiring to see someone stick with a goal and see it through. WAY TO GO!!!!!!

And, yes...Sam you have Skills!!!!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Go Ghooost! Go Ghost! G- g- go ghooost! Hehe :D doing amazingski!

And Sam what an awesome idea! I LOVE little shops where you have little bits and bobs, similar to what you're making, but now none of them are handmade! They're all mass produced and you can pick up the same stuff in a little crafty shop in the middle of Wales or in Camden market. Hand made stuff is always wayway better, and the stuff you're doing's just beautiful!
~~Sarah~~
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Sat May 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Congrats Ghost on you loss. Keep up the good work.
I started mid -January when DH had his bypass done, at that time I weighed 230, as of this morning I'm down to 199. Not a rapid loss, but a slow steady one , so hopefully it will be easier to keep off and to keep going. We have made lots of dietary changes. Husband is full blooded German, and would cook with lots of butter, fried foods , etc. I actually prefer lighter foods, but since he is home mid afternoon and he didn't want to wait until 7 for supper, he would have it prepared for me. He told me he got his wake up call , when he had to have surgery, and has learned to eat things that he would never touch.

I had to laugh when you were talking about needing to eat fish, I love almost all fish except for Catfish, but DH won't touch it unless is breaded, so we have compromised, he can have it breaded once in a while aslong as he bakes it and doesn't fry it. Sometimes I think I'm going to turn in to chicken as we eat so much of these days. My favorite trick is to take my chicken breasts, throw some marinade on them and then seal the bag with my food saver so that it vacum's the marinade down in the meat, let marinate for 2 hours or longer and then grill, makes flavorful juicy chicken every single time. also works well with any other meat.

Xarata: I love your blog and you are so talented.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi all

Weigh day again and I've lost 1lb which is great considering I went for a 3 course meal last friday at pizza express :mrgreen:

Oh thanks karen :oops: , coming to the forum really helps me to keep going because I promised myself that I would always be honesty whether I lose or gain. And everyone is so supportive, thanks guys :mrgreen:

Yeah Sarah - go me , go me, go me LOL, thanks I've never had a song before :lol:

thanks tisslou all this encouragement sometime of the only thing that keeps me going (me saying this while I'm treating myself to a couple of lindt balls (thank you sarah for reminding me they exist :D ) I'm still working on operation sneak in the fish. Haven't quite got to it yet, but karen patties sound intriguing and sneaky teehee
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Well, I'm pleased to report a 21 lb weight loss as of today after less than two months on WW!! That's more than 10% of my original body weight.
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Wow, you guys are doing well. :D

royalgoddessbeth-great job and you definitely have something to be proud of!
Ghost-keep it up......you are my hero in the sticking with it department. I am hoping some of that determination rubs off on me!
Sam-gorgeous work. I agree with Karen...you have mad skills! And what a way to keep your creative self going when your job is more about paying the bills than advancing your craft. This way, you have the best of both.
Hollis-I am proud of you. I know slow and steady gets the job done.

Me, I wish I had great things to report. I am working on it this summer. I am about 16 miles into my 89 mile goal for the Nordic Track. I know I have a long way to go, and have even thought of starting over for the summer. I feel like I have started and stopped more times than I'd like to even count. But I know I have it in me.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Haha Ghost I ate an entiiiire box of those over Friday/Saturday. My boyfriend got me a big hamper of baking stuff and a box of them for my birthday. LETHAL!! But it shows he's not bothered I've put on weight, the only comment he made was, "Wow your boobs have grown!"

RGB - CRUMBS!! That's an insaaaane loss well done :D You girlies are amazing!
~~Sarah~~
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:36 pm

sewwies wrote:Haha Ghost I ate an entiiiire box of those over Friday/Saturday. My boyfriend got me a big hamper of baking stuff and a box of them for my birthday. LETHAL!! But it shows he's not bothered I've put on weight, the only comment he made was, "Wow your boobs have grown!"
Hahahaha, sounds like my BF! When I was struggling with my weight gain - put on 20lbs without noticing - he told me it doesn't matter to him if I lose or gain, he didn't even notice it. He only picked up the fact that at one point I needed 36D bras. When I told him I'm gonna get it down to my old weight he commented he wishes that I held onto the boobies and the 'bubble butt'. You can't refuse that :D Luckily, I didn't, and because my back shrank, I even ended up with a higher cup size, but much lower circumference.

BTW, if anyone needs a boobie self confidence lift, go to Victoria's Secret. I swear those cups are one size off compared to other brands.

And let me join the crowd: Go Ghost, Go!